PDA

View Full Version : Difference between the new close-loop Dreambox and the regular one?

Salty150
05/27/2016, 02:33 PM
OK, as someone who doesn't know a lot about plumbing, etc. - what is the difference between the new close-loop Dreambox and the regular one?

ArmanS
05/27/2016, 05:28 PM
The closed loop Dream Box is essentially designed for a reef tank that is going to utilize a closed loop for water movement throughout the tank.

In these dreamboxes they are designed with that in mind so they are setup with closed loop pumps in one of the chambers.

I believe they also include the Controller Cockpit which essentially is a large & long mounting system to be able to mount your Closed Loop, Return, & Skimmer RD3 Controllers.

Salty150
05/27/2016, 06:04 PM
Thank you very much.

And if I understood what a closed loop was - I probably would have understood your answer.... lol :)

What exactly is a closed loop?

slief
05/27/2016, 09:02 PM
Some people run power heads for internal circulation. Others used close loop pumps that pull from one section of the tank and return to another section to create internal flow. It's like a return pump that doesn't pull from the sump. In the case of the loses loop Dreambox, there are a couple other pumps inside the sump that would draw from the display and return to the display without ever having the water drain through the sump.