PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 3152 ATO question

bmitchell138
05/29/2016, 08:58 AM
A couple of weeks ago I added a 10g sump to my 29g DT. I have a Tunze 3152 Nano Osmolator ATO. Since I installed the ATO in the sump I noticed that sometimes the ATO would stop working and would require me to unplug the power to the unit and reset it. Last night I glanced at the sump water level and noticed it was below the normal line. The ATO had stopped working again. Instead of just resetting it I had a look at the float in the return chamber to make sure it wasn't getting stuck from salt creep or some other debris, but it was clean. When I was reinstalling the float I did notice that as I moved the dry magnet to secure it to the sump the float would move up or down as I moved the dry magnet up or down. So I took some balsa wood and made a shim to go between the sump and the dry magnet. I moved the dry magnet up and down and the float did not moved. Problem fixed.

Is there a better solution to my problem? Can I use a smaller less powerful magnet or better material to shim with? Have any of you Tunze ATO users had this type of issue? What did you do to remedy the problem?

relic0407
05/29/2016, 09:12 AM
You have a bad controller. You will have to send it to Tunze with a note saying what's wrong and your return address and they will send you a new one. This is a notorious issue with these ATO's from what I can tell. This has happened to me twice in the first year I owned it. First time happened one month after I originally bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmitchell138
05/31/2016, 07:10 AM
You have a bad controller. You will have to send it to Tunze with a note saying what's wrong and your return address and they will send you a new one. This is a notorious issue with these ATO's from what I can tell. This has happened to me twice in the first year I owned it. First time happened one month after I originally bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are correct. The ATO seemed to be working fine all day Sunday and yesterday, but when I checked the water level in the return chamber this morning it was down. I'm going to contact Tunze.