PDA

View Full Version : Jebao DC 5000 issue in 3 months

niladride
05/30/2016, 02:09 AM
Hi all,

Please provide me help with Jebao DC 5000 pump. I just bought it 3 months back and it has already started showing issues, it is super quiet pump but in last 7 days, it stopped suddenly 4 times, after some fiddling with the controller, feed mode, it started back each time. But today, it has stopped working completely, I have tried for 15-20 minutes to get it work again but it won't start. I was bound for my office hence did not have time to check impeller. But that's sad sad, total sad, I could have bought Hailea or Eheim if this brand is so much unreliable, I hope my wavemaker will keep my one and only fish and some snails alive in the display tank.

Any idea what should be the remedy for this issue?

Thanks,

Niladri.

Ron Reefman
05/30/2016, 06:00 AM
If you are going to buy the cheapest pumps on the market, and Jebao pumps are (and I buy them too), then buy a spare. My DC12000 just failed yesterday after 3 years of use. And it was the controller not the pump itself that failed. And it failed in a 'limp home' mode so it still circulated water, just at about 1/3 the normal rate. But I have had a spare DC12000 sitting on the shelf for 3 years waiting for this to happen. Buyer beware, or at least prepare!

And now I can buy a new controller (way cheaper than a new pump) and use the old pump as a back up.

So what part of your Jebao failed? The pump itself, the controller or the power supply?

Cabo2008
05/30/2016, 06:33 AM
When it stopped, what lights were lit on the controller? My 3000 and 6000 both did that from time to time...........about every 3-ish months and needed to be fully cleaned to get them running properly again (soak in vinegar overnight, brush out/clean, rinse, re-install). But the lights on my controller would always be lit in a weird pattern (probably to tell me to clean the pump.....)

niladride
05/30/2016, 09:05 AM
Thanks to both of you for replying.

I am yet to find out what part is faulty. The power supply isn't I guess as I can see the lights turned on, I use the pump up to step 4, so I can see 4 green lights on, when I press 'Feed' button, the greens go down and blue comes up, then again after pressing 'Feed', all greens turn on.

But the pump isn't working at all. I will go back home and check and repost.

I have ordered a DCT 4000 now as back up. If anything is really wrong with the existing Jebao, I do not know when I would get repair/replacement.

niladride
05/30/2016, 11:56 AM
To my surprise pump is working fine now. I am confused.

niladride
05/30/2016, 12:48 PM
Can overheat be the culprit?

RobbyG
05/30/2016, 01:00 PM
I see that you are in India, so your using 240v at 50hz. Is that within the range of the power adapter?

niladride
05/30/2016, 01:36 PM
It's universal adapter.