PDA

View Full Version : Having hard time identifying issue

Foolkiller
05/31/2016, 10:47 AM
Hi all, Quick background - I have a firefish nearing the end of a tank transfer cycle (12 days - 4 transfers). I was treating multiple fish and have used this method very successfully to treat ICH. My issue is that the firefish has a small white spot on it that hasn't dropped after 12 days. This leads me to believe this is not ICH but possibly something else. I've been searching the web but coming up blank on this, and I want to treat the fish however is needed. The behavior is typical for it's kind. Eating, sleeping, great water quality, and plenty of hiding places. If anyone can point me into another direction please let me know. This is not an effort to rush it into the display tank either. I will continue to TTM until it is free and clear plus two weeks but I don't want to overlook something. Thanks

vhuang168
05/31/2016, 07:12 PM
Are you adding any other treatments for other parasites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foolkiller
05/31/2016, 07:28 PM
Nothing else tank transfer every third day or less with new water, airline, stone and disinfected tank, heater, and pvc piping. This method cured other fish in past but this strange spot isn't dropping. Thus fish had no other spots other than this. The photo is bad because it was before transfer and I run no mechanical filter. Ammonia stays under control as well. I do add a low dose of prime on day 2 to be safe.

vhuang168
05/31/2016, 07:31 PM
I would start a parzipro treatment or some other kind of external parasite med.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyithar
06/01/2016, 10:32 AM
i'd do ttm+ 2 rounds of prazipro and observe. it could be lymphocystis imo.

Foolkiller
06/10/2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks Guys, I started treatment on the 2nd. We'll see how it goes. He still has the spot but is doing great.