PDA

View Full Version : clowns swimming in sand randomly?

splix
05/31/2016, 03:30 PM
Watching my tank for around 30 minutes I noticed my my mocha and snowflake pair like to go into the sand and swim in it? It's a little hard to explain. I dont think anything is wrong with them, they swim like crazy all over the place, eat, physically look fine. They came out of QT with precaution meds a few weeks ago. It's not ich swiping I know what that looks like unfortunately.

Randomly they'll just stop, go into the sand bed at random spots, while still upright they wiggle or swim in the sand for a second then up and out, swimming around the tank normally. They're doing it probably once every 3-5 minutes. They're both doing it, but in random spots around the tank. Not enough to stir up the sand which is fine with me. It's just weird.

Should I care, or are they just doing clown stuff.

Temp is 80 at night, sometimes touches 80.5 in the day, usually around 80.3. PH 8.3. Nitrates 5 ppm. Everything is solid.

Dkuhlmann
05/31/2016, 07:05 PM
In CaptNemo's thread Pretty Happy one of his is doing that.

I just posted some pictures of my Mocha's.

IdahoCindy
05/31/2016, 07:07 PM
Totally normal. Clowns are crazy.

Indymann99
06/02/2016, 03:40 PM
They may be looking for spots to spawn. Before I had my Nem the clowns would spawn in the corner and remove all the sand around the area.