PDA

View Full Version : Tang Advice please!

Fitnessmr
05/31/2016, 11:34 PM
Hi

currently have the below fish in QT since buying him. Is due to finish his 21 day CP treatment on Monday and yesterday i notice some white grain like makings on his around his cheek and side of his top fin. The photo isnt great as cant get a good photo but it looks like the white marks on on top of the skin and not underneath.

I was thinking flukes so done a FW dip with myaxin today. (3Lts RO with 0.5 myaxin, temp and Ph matched to QT and left fish in for 5mins) Whilst in the fish seemed fine swimming around as normal and there were some very small white dots left floating at the bottom of the bucket.

photo was taken about an hour after the dip and he is continuing to eat like a pig as he always has so theres no loss of appertite. Im thinking if there is no change in the next couple of days then doing a 6hr prazi bath and going from there.

any help with ID/ thoughts on best course of action then please share. cheers in advance!

Coachb9
06/01/2016, 04:24 AM
Not sure but I like that tang. What type is it? Hope your issue goes away.

pyithar
06/01/2016, 05:45 AM
two rounds of prazipro can take care of flukes. the white grains are most likely lymphocystis if they are remaining at the same place of the fish body for many days.

@Coachb9 it's powder brown tang