PDA

View Full Version : Ati dimmable sunpower fixture and bulbs

vitodog
06/01/2016, 07:18 AM
I purchased a ATI Dimmable Sunpower fixture about 9 months ago. Nowhere in the instructions that came with the fixture, does it say that the new bulbs should be set to 100% for the first 50 hours as a break in period before using the dimmable feature. I did however view a video (by ATI) indicating that the bulbs should be broken in in this manner. So, after installing the fixture, I did not use the dimmable feature before the the 50 hour period. I am now getting ready to replace the original bulbs. Can anyone explain to me what would happen if I just put the new bulbs in and just let my set schedule continue?

Starrhmsp
03/06/2018, 08:51 PM
I’ve added a new build without breaking it in first with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapreef
03/06/2018, 10:26 PM
Why are you replacing the bulbs after 9 months? They last a year, maybe longer with no real spectrum shift or dimming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3F-vpHsiH0&t=18s

mcgyvr
03/07/2018, 05:56 AM
I have a dimmable and do not follow the 50hrs @100%..
I run the bulbs about 8 hrs a day on a dimmable schedule and they last about 12 months before I start to get algae blooms from the spectral change,etc...

I just put all new bulbs in and just turned the light off.. replaced all the bulbs and turned it right back on to run the programmed dimming schedule and I walk away..

Can their recommendations extend the life? yes possibly/slightly.. Must you do that or the bulbs will die a quick death.. Nope..

mcgyvr
03/07/2018, 05:57 AM
Why are you replacing the bulbs after 9 months? They last a year, maybe longer with no real spectrum shift or dimming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3F-vpHsiH0&t=18s

The video shows a loss in performance in less than 12 months..
If one runs them for longer than 8 hours or wants to ensure close to like new performance then replacing them prior to 12 months is how you achieve that.. Video proves that even..

alton
03/07/2018, 07:23 AM
What if you set your max to 90% and in 9 months up it to 100%? One way to get longer life out of your lamps?

mcgyvr
03/07/2018, 07:44 AM
What if you set your max to 90% and in 9 months up it to 100%? One way to get longer life out of your lamps?

Sure.. If you have an "excess" of PAR (but who really knows that with any certainty even if you havea PAR meter no one knows that 100par is too little and 110par is just right) then you can certainly keep it lower so that you get (example) 100 par @90% then as it starts to decrease to 90par bumping it up to 100% again will increase par over the 90..