PDA

View Full Version : Brs rodi

HuskerBioProf
06/05/2016, 06:18 AM
I just bought the 6 Stage Universal Plus from BRS after my cheap important RODI went south after a couple of months. Not wanting replace parts on the cheap unit, I decided to upgrade.

I am immediately impressed with the build quality of this unit compared to my cheap plastic unit. Also, this unit came with all of the necessary plumbing parts that were of much higher quality than the ones I purchased from various home improvement stores in the area. The setup instructions give you a simple explanation of how to set up various systems using the parts provided. If I would have started with unit, I wouldn't have wasted so much time scouring for odd parts and fittings.

BRS Unit on the left, cheap amazon unit on the right:
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a467/TylerCMoore/D7222824-D51E-4C14-9107-3DE6662A7988_zpsqtcrjwle.jpg

I went from opening the box to priming the unit in less than 10 minutes.

Hugely impressed with BRS, and I wish I would have found them sooner for reef-tank centric plumbing parts. It is a huge pain to find reef tank-centric parts and fittings at hardware stores.

That is my whole rant! Thanks again!

RT_BRS
06/06/2016, 01:55 PM
I just bought the 6 Stage Universal Plus from BRS after my cheap important RODI went south after a couple of months. Not wanting replace parts on the cheap unit, I decided to upgrade.

I am immediately impressed with the build quality of this unit compared to my cheap plastic unit. Also, this unit came with all of the necessary plumbing parts that were of much higher quality than the ones I purchased from various home improvement stores in the area. The setup instructions give you a simple explanation of how to set up various systems using the parts provided. If I would have started with unit, I wouldn't have wasted so much time scouring for odd parts and fittings.

BRS Unit on the left, cheap amazon unit on the right:
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a467/TylerCMoore/D7222824-D51E-4C14-9107-3DE6662A7988_zpsqtcrjwle.jpg

I went from opening the box to priming the unit in less than 10 minutes.

Hugely impressed with BRS, and I wish I would have found them sooner for reef-tank centric plumbing parts. It is a huge pain to find reef tank-centric parts and fittings at hardware stores.

That is my whole rant! Thanks again!

Thanks! Really happy to hear that you are happy with the RO system. Let us know if you ever run into any questions with the system or otherwise. :D

ccbeauch
06/27/2016, 11:02 AM
Just wanted to add that not only is this a great rodi system, but it single handedly saved my nano aquarium.

Story Time:
I moved last fall from my apartment to my first house! I was excited because that means tank upgrade time ;) But soon after moving in I noticed some algae growth in the tank. Before I knew it I had a massive algae bloom of red and green everywhere. I also noticed my toilets had red color building up as well. My house is hooked up to the same city water as it was at the apartments as I only moved a couple of miles. My LFS recommended using rodi water and to stop using tap water even though i had done this for 3 years as they believed my pipes were the problem. I went to BRS and bought the 240$ version. Within a week my algae was gone, coral looked healthy, and fish are less lathargic. A few months later now, my water is more clear than ever, great coral growth, and my fish are very happy. I attribute all of this alone to the BRS rodi unit. If it wasn't for that, I'm sure I would be out of the hobby by now. Thanks for making such a great product! I really appreciate it.

RT_BRS
06/27/2016, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to add that not only is this a great rodi system, but it single handedly saved my nano aquarium.

Story Time:
I moved last fall from my apartment to my first house! I was excited because that means tank upgrade time ;) But soon after moving in I noticed some algae growth in the tank. Before I knew it I had a massive algae bloom of red and green everywhere. I also noticed my toilets had red color building up as well. My house is hooked up to the same city water as it was at the apartments as I only moved a couple of miles. My LFS recommended using rodi water and to stop using tap water even though i had done this for 3 years as they believed my pipes were the problem. I went to BRS and bought the 240$ version. Within a week my algae was gone, coral looked healthy, and fish are less lathargic. A few months later now, my water is more clear than ever, great coral growth, and my fish are very happy. I attribute all of this alone to the BRS rodi unit. If it wasn't for that, I'm sure I would be out of the hobby by now. Thanks for making such a great product! I really appreciate it.

Wow, that's awesome! Thank you so much for sharing. I love to hear stories like that :beer: