PDA

View Full Version : doh!how long will this take?

jstack
06/05/2016, 05:11 PM
Grrr so I've been waiting on a pair of Black and White Oc's to bond with my RBTA for the last 4 month's no luck.....I did alot of research and found mine prefer a Mag did alot more research and picked one up on my break from work on friday it was totally deflated and at the top of the glass and losing color quick. had to get this bad boy home before he went the route as his tank mate that was laying on the sand. got him in and ran back to work. he has not moved but his color is coming in strong he threw some crap up not (zoo)yesterday for an hour but otherwise inflated and mouth closed he's happy boy . here's some pics
the pita is my clowns still PREFER THE FUZZY SIDE OF THE FLIPPER . and yea I do have a standby tank ready to be medicated if it needs

davocean
06/05/2016, 05:51 PM
If you saw it deflated I would have QT'd and began treatment right away, just because it looks ok at this time doesn't mean much, it will most likely still need treatment and the sooner you begin the greater the chance for survival.

jstack
06/05/2016, 06:00 PM
while I tend to agree with you I would rather not have stressed him any further he was very light tan when I purchased him and strings for tentacles. I took a risk but I knew very well the all the different outcomes and choose this route otherwise I may be looking at a pile of goop this was on Friday afternoon. As he is looking better I am seriously thinking of treating for long-term health. I just knew that a week in my tank would turn him around.
today I plan put a little reef frenzy in his tentacle's and see how that goes but for the next few day's I want him to regain color.

Dkuhlmann
06/06/2016, 05:46 PM
You need to listen to Dave and treat it, and do not hesitate and do it NOW> You already saw it deflate and that is all you need to see it once. And DO NOT FEED it until it's happy and healthy from the treatment. From all that I've seen and read about Cipro treatments it works quickly. You should be able to feed it in a week or two which isn't going to hurt it.

jstack
06/06/2016, 05:56 PM
day 5 here seeing alot more inflation yeah I feel like I can treat him with little to no fear of losing him at this point. I can't afford to lose even one coral or fish .ocd
after the amount of reading I did on treatment at the stage I picked him up in it would have been less than a 50/50 he would have lived. I'm in the process of moving him atm wish me luck!

ca1ore
06/06/2016, 06:12 PM
day 5 here seeing alot more inflation yeah I feel like I can treat him with little to no fear of losing him at this point. I can't afford to lose even one coral or fish .ocd
after the amount of reading I did on treatment at the stage I picked him up in it would have been less than a 50/50 he would have lived. I'm in the process of moving him atm wish me luck!

I think that is flawed thinking. Regardless of how the anemone may have looked to you, the sooner you can get an infected mag into treatment, the higher the chances are of recovery. But, it is what it is, so good luck, hope it survives.

jstack
06/06/2016, 06:34 PM
he's tucked in qt now slightly unhappy but still inflated. I agree with you on the infected treatment right away. Now the whole scoop my lfs's don't carry any nem's unless you wish to special order the two that had been ordered were never picked up and sat under one t5 bulb for almost 2 weeks. I have kept my eye on them they run very clean tanks but not set up too house these guys long term. So I do not believe he is infected just weak

jstack
06/06/2016, 07:07 PM
I'm abit ashamed after all the reading I did but here goes when I put him in to begin with he was limp the only plus was foot attached right off. ....................................well when I was getting him out to qt (was not wearing gloves) he wrapped around my hand. I'm breaking out bad is there some kind of ointment.

ca1ore
06/07/2016, 05:19 PM
Meat tenderizer, calamine lotion or just tough it out.

Jeff4777
06/07/2016, 06:35 PM
How is the treatment going so far?

Ryan721
06/08/2016, 07:41 AM
That sounds painful. Hows your nem doing?

jstack
06/08/2016, 04:20 PM
day 2 here, he's really good nice and fluffy hopefully this will entice the clowns more xD hand feels better today took the week off so I could nem sit. I don't have an extra set of lights so I have been on a reverse light schedule swapping lights from dt to qt which is'nt so bad as it has legs.

with the week off have been busy :rollface: shopping
my long awaited purple sand nem has finally arrived been waiting 3 or so months.
I did try to get a shot of the other ritteri that is on hold tang had to blow it. mouth is open but looking better

shifty51008
06/10/2016, 08:21 PM
maybe it's just me but the anemone behind the tank looks sick, you can kinda see the mouth gapeing

jstack
06/14/2016, 04:43 PM
and we are back in the game treatment is over added him back in this morning!:spin2::spin2:
came home for a quick lunch break and decided to feed him and my rbta and found my babies well:hmm2: baby clownfish had found it she is quite stingy hopefully she learns to share.:debi:
sharing their first meal :beachbum:
my rbta eats so fast. well back to work here's to all the cynic's :hmm3: