PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally injured spot line flasher wrasse :(

Tripod1404
06/05/2016, 09:21 PM
Hi guys,
today while trying to upright a turbo snail I accidentally spooked my male spot line flasher wrasse. Poor guy first bumped into the molly miller blenny and then spooked even more and smashed into the live rock. This caused his lower jaw to bent to the right and tip of his upper lip seems to be dented. He can still open and close his mouth but the upper and lower jaw does not exactly fit each other (due to the bent). He also still eats like nothing happened besides avoiding large pieces.
I feel terrible about what happened :( and wanted to ask you guys if a bent jaw (most likely broken) can heal on its own. I have been keeping a fresh water Tanganyika black calvus cichlid with lock-jaw for more than 5 years but cichlids jaw doesnt look bent... Wrasse doesn't seem to be in pain which gives me some relief but it still looks hurt :(

krullshards
06/08/2016, 02:40 PM
There was someone on here some time ago saying that they had a chromis with it's jaw stuck open. Another person responded that he'd come across that from time to time and he would just manually push it closed and that would help. Sort of like popping a shoulder back in its socket I imagine. If it doesn't get better on its own, you could maybe try the same thing..