PDA

View Full Version : what else appears as ich

hairalgae85
06/06/2016, 10:00 AM
Hello all-

I have a 180 sps tank, which had an ich outbreak back in the fall. The tank sat fallow, zero fish, just coral and shrimp for 12 weeks, or 99 days. All fish sat in a copper filled tank for 10 weeks, before lastly going thru tank transfer method, before going back into the display.

My hippo tang appears to have white dots on him, not fine white spots like sugar which I saw with the ich, more like a dozen or so white pieces, more so on the fins, and on top of the body.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, they almost seems to move about the fish, and are prevelant most after laying on the rock in which he sleeps.

Deinonych
06/06/2016, 11:19 AM
Could be lymphocystis. A picture would be helpful with diagnosis if possible.

hairalgae85
06/10/2016, 07:42 AM
Yup, after closer looking, these white "specs" are moving about the fish, sometimes slowly, other times in rocket fashion. Only when the tank comes off the rock he lays in.

Doesn't appear to be ich, hope it's not lice

ThRoewer
06/10/2016, 11:16 AM
If it's after sleeping in/on the rocks it could be copepods that just hitch a ride.
Another possibility is that it's just some"dust" particles, stuck to the fish's slimecoat.
Also, If it's just in the morning and gone later in the day, it's unlikely to be ich.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk