PDA

View Full Version : critique my ttm

hairalgae85
06/06/2016, 10:17 AM
I have a fish in ttm, in wish to outlay the time frame , and see where I am or how many more or needed.

May 26 (Thursday) fish went into clean tank

May 29 (Sunday) 10 am, fish transferred into second tank

June 1 (Wednesday) 730 am, fish transferred again

June 4 (Saturday) 2:00 am, fish transferred again

So what day time , if any, does it need to be done again, and what if any after that?

In between transfers, tank (Rubbermaid bin) was flipped upside down for at least two days to drip dry, and rinsed out prior to filling. The air bubble hose was disposed of and replaced with a new 2 foot section, and the heater, was allowed to dry 2 days, but having crevices in the heater, I also placed in dishwasher to heat kill.

Thanks

Deinonych
06/06/2016, 11:21 AM
The key with TTM is to do the transfers within 72 hours of each other. After the fourth transfer, observe in a dedicated QT for a few weeks to ensure no other pathogens are present.

Happyschneider
06/06/2016, 12:35 PM
You could do another one June 6 very late and then another one June 7 or 8 to get the complete days you need. You can always go longer for the complete treatment as long you stick to the 72 hours.

When doing in shorter steps, you might want to use a hair dryer or fan to dry the rubber maid quicker. It needs to be dry for some time to get rid of ich.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hairalgae85
06/06/2016, 08:44 PM
The key with TTM is to do the transfers within 72 hours of each other. After the fourth transfer, observe in a dedicated QT for a few weeks to ensure no other pathogens are present.

Unless doing the math wrong, all transfers I did were within 72 hours, the one being more like 65 hours.

I am thinking to do one more tonight, and again on Wednesday