PDA

View Full Version : Where to install booster pump on RODI System

oseymour
06/07/2016, 11:47 AM
I recently received my 4 Stage Value Plus RO/DI System. I have a booster pump from an old system.

Where do I install the pump? Can I install it before the sediment filter but add one of these strainers? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dm-fit-filter-strainer.html

RT_BRS
06/07/2016, 12:21 PM
I recently received my 4 Stage Value Plus RO/DI System. I have a booster pump from an old system.

Where do I install the pump? Can I install it before the sediment filter but add one of these strainers? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dm-fit-filter-strainer.html

You will want to install it before the system. That strainer will work perfectly to do so :)

oseymour
06/07/2016, 01:01 PM
You will want to install it before the system. That strainer will work perfectly to do so :)

Thanks, ordered...

shifty51008
06/07/2016, 05:10 PM
ive always heard to add it after the prefilters and before the membrane

oseymour
06/07/2016, 07:37 PM
ive always heard to add it after the prefilters and before the membrane

I've heard that too.

I think that one of the reasons is to protect the booster pump from some of the sediments coming in from the source water. I'm adding a little device or a pre-filter before the pump.

I am not permanently installing the system. I live in an apartment and I have to break it down and put it up every week. I think having the pump makes it easier to do so.

RT_BRS
06/08/2016, 03:15 PM
I've heard that too.

I think that one of the reasons is to protect the booster pump from some of the sediments coming in from the source water. I'm adding a little device or a pre-filter before the pump.

I am not permanently installing the system. I live in an apartment and I have to break it down and put it up every week. I think having the pump makes it easier to do so.

yup, a strainer or a sediment filter is definitely recommended prior to the booster. You don't however want to put it after your carbon blocks since small fines can clog the pump over time.