PDA

View Full Version : Metronidazole and chloroquine phosphate

Newms118
06/08/2016, 09:23 PM
So I just treated my QT with Metro-plex (1 scoop = 125 mg) for uronema and it appears to not be working. I want to treat with NLS Ich shield because I know that should work (didnt do it bc I have a flasher wrasse in the QT and I know it will probably kill him), but just want to know if I need to do 100% WC and run carbon before adding the NLS Ich shield so as to not combine metronidazole and chloroquine. Any suggestions?

vinhle00
06/09/2016, 12:26 AM
As you stated fairy and flasher wrasse don't mix well with CP. I haven't used NLS ich shield however i had no problem feeding fish metro in a tank treated with pure powder CP.

Newms118
06/09/2016, 06:10 AM
As you stated fairy and flasher wrasse don't mix well with CP. I haven't used NLS ich shield however i had no problem feeding fish metro in a tank treated with pure powder CP.

Yeah I wish I would have had seachem focus to bind the medicine to food but I just have the powder. I ordered focus and its taken forever to get to my home. So I treated the tank water with 1 scoop of metroplex into 15 gallons of water. Thats why I was thinking I need to change the water or use carbon to pull it out before I add CP. Do you still think that would be prudent?

vinhle00
06/09/2016, 02:53 PM
It shouldn't be a problem with the chromis. I have combined CP with API general cure before and that contains powered metro and parazi.

vinhle00
06/09/2016, 03:02 PM
Fyi you can still feed the fish metro without the focus. Just fallow the direction when mixing. The focus is to just minimize the lost when the food is in the water.