PDA

View Full Version : need help with disease ID

iluvmyfishes
06/14/2016, 08:48 PM
My most favorite LFS gave me this beautiful male because he has a white film on his fin that would not heal with his copper/formaldehyde mixture. So this beauty is now my rescue project. So far I did a 5 min freshwater dip and a dose of paraguard. He is behaving like he is very healthy, acclimated well and is already hunting and eating a ton of frozen Mysis. I have no idea what that red spot is on his back. It does not look like algae. Any ideas on what to use to treat this white film or what the red spot is?

KrazieKiKi
06/18/2016, 09:32 AM
Could be bacterial - I did some recent research and found some info on dosing food with seachem metroplex and seachem focus. I just ordered both online as a "just in case".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iluvmyfishes
06/18/2016, 05:30 PM
Thank you, I am trying Cupramine right now. If it still doesn't go away I do have Metroplex, Kanaplex and Furan 2. I have never used Tetracycline or Erythromycin but I may be researching those if I have to. So far on the Cupramine I think I see the start of an improvement but I am being really conservative in the dosing. He is doing great and eating really good so I am very hopeful.