PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Cerebra Pre-Order

AquariumSpecialty
06/17/2016, 07:53 AM
Two days ago we added the Vertex Cerebra controller to our website with a special per-order price of $374.99 (a $325.00 savings). The regular price will go to $699.99 once inventory is depleted from the initial stock order.

This morning we added the available Cerebra accessories to the site. These are also available at special pre-order pricing. Click the links below to see introductory pricing or to make your pre-order. So far the response has been nothing short of amazing.

Please note that the product descriptions will be updated as we receive further details. We are also adding the full spec sheet to the website under the Cerebra "Additional Information" tab. Accessory product images haven't been provided to us yet so please be patient with us on this and the product accessory details.

Vertex Cerebra Prima Controller

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/equipment/controllers-monitors/controllers/vertex-cerebra-prima-controller

Vertex Cerebra Prima Controller Accessories

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/equipment/controllers-monitors/accessories

Please note that Vertex will have additional accessories coming later this year and they include:

PAR Sensor $199.99
Cerebra Input Module (4 Channels)
Cerebra 1-10V Module (4 Channels)
Multi-Bar 1-10V Terminal (2 Channels)
Leak Detector
Stray Voltage Detector
Vertex Toggle Switch
Vertex Push-Button Switch

kouma
06/17/2016, 10:09 AM
Hello Scott,

I have the following questions:

1- Do you know if the current PH probe on sale, Vertex Cerebra PH Probe, is single or double junction model?

2- If we place an order for the controller and probes off your website, when should we expect them to be delivered?

3- When can we expect the remaining probes, like leak detection, to become available?

Thanks!

AquariumSpecialty
06/17/2016, 11:20 AM
The order is supposed to shop next week. We will have it within a week of the order arriving. The other accessories will be available in the fall and the details will be posted on the AquaNerd blog later today.

Thanks,

AquariumSpecialty
06/17/2016, 12:49 PM
For clarification purposes on my last post...

The Cerebra is scheduled to ship to us next week along with the accessories listed on our website. We will received the shipment the following week and we will begin shipping orders the day our shipment arrives. Our goal is to ship every open the same day our inventory arrives. We strive to offer the best possible service for our customers.

Thanks,

Cbsailor11
06/28/2016, 11:05 AM
Scott,
Just getting anxious..Any updates on the delivery to you guys?

AquariumSpecialty
06/28/2016, 01:16 PM
Please call our office and check in with our staff for an update. I'm out of the office on vacation.

I was told by Vertex that the order left Europe last week and Vertex in the US should have it this week. Hopefully there are not any customs delays but that's out of everyones control. Sometimes customs pulls shipments for a detailed analysis. Hopefully that's not the case with this one.

Thank you,

zoolan70
07/06/2016, 01:32 PM
Been another week since the last update...I'm really wondering if this is going to happen or if this is another Vertex smoke and mirror stunt.

AquariumSpecialty
07/06/2016, 01:43 PM
They are waiting on customs clearance. Yesterday they told our staff that the shipment would arrive to them today or tomorrow. We will follow up with them tomorrow.

Thank you,

Geraud
07/14/2016, 11:52 AM
Hello,

Any updates on the shipment?

AquariumSpecialty
07/14/2016, 01:31 PM
Hello,

Any updates on the shipment?

Yes, they are in transit to us. The shipment is arriving on Tuesday (3 business days from now). We have boxes prepared already so that we can turn them around the same day they arrive.

Thank you,

twistedfinn967
07/14/2016, 03:53 PM
Yes, they are in transit to us. The shipment is arriving on Tuesday (3 business days from now). We have boxes prepared already so that we can turn them around the same day they arrive.

Thank you,

Is this the first batch or (hopefully) the second batch that will include mine?

Geraud
07/14/2016, 05:43 PM
Thank you for the update Scott!

SaltLife19
07/15/2016, 10:12 PM
Has anyone received the Vertex Cerebra and are you satisfied? :bounce2:

Geraud
07/22/2016, 01:07 PM
I received mine yesterday but cannot comment much since I had almost no time to spend with it (apart from plugging it to setup the network then update the software). However:

- the build quality feels very good (think about the old school Neptune EB8)
- the look is interesting
- for Android users, the interface will be something they are very familiar with
- the screen definition is meh. But I do not plan on playing videos on it

I read the document that comes with it and was happy to see they went with AWS (Amazon Cloud) for all things online, rather than go with their own servers. This kind of venture is a huge risk and they are lowering it by going with one of the major players out there.

AquariumSpecialty
07/22/2016, 01:11 PM
Thank you for the comments and feedback.

Geraud
07/23/2016, 12:10 AM
I was able to play a bit more with it tonight.

- I had a crash of the software during an update, but it caused no issues. I also had a freeze "Do you want to close?" of the main display program
- The capacitive screen needs some time to get used to (there are three areas to scroll into a single direction. I spend my time trying to drag down notifications from the left)
- the multibar (think powerbar + modules for probes, in one unit) is fairly large compared to a Neptune EB8, but slightly smaller than a Profilux power bar... and it feels really sturdy, with a lot of space between the outlets. I would be curious to see the size of the "power only" version
- in the UI there are some things that scream "phone" (including the word phone), like signal strength, battery strength, etc
- the temperature probe with its (can be turned off) LED that tells you if the temperature is in a good range is really nice
- programming: I like the "program the outlet from the probe" and "program the outlet from the outlet". Aka use whatever is most logic. Example: if the temperature is wrong, and I want to start the chiller or healer, I can just tap the button to program respective to that, from the control of the temp probe. On the other hand if I want to program a light, I can just go to the outlet where it is connected to, and tap the button there.

I will try to talk about advanced programming (aka mixing both modes when you are doing things like I do on my Neptune, aka light is based on time, pH, temperature) in another post tomorrow.

Geraud
07/24/2016, 09:19 PM
Ok some more elements after using it more today.

- advanced programming: different rules (aka anything related to an outlet or a sensor) appear together for the given element. This is very intuitive for non-programmer. Example: you want to set your light based on time, pH, temperature? Well just add a rule for each, they appear as different tabs
- advanced programming: as a software guy, I would love to see the whole "program" in a single page
- remote access through the local network: VNC is pretty horrible, I really wish there was a local http server instead.

One last thing I would like to mention: I am not a fan of Android for this type of product, at all. It is unnecessarily bloated, and can be slow. As Android is just Linux with a Java layer on top (Android itself is mostly C/C++), I would have loved seeing this device running Real Time Linux, with a nice interface (for instance Qt, which is used by many similar devices for hospitals). Here the interface is clunky, feels outdated (Android 2.X not helping).

Overall, this is a nice product, and a lot of the software shortcomings can be addressed in updates. Very good job on that front. I do see a lot of updates each time I tap the update button.

Fun fact: there is a jack in the back to which you can connect speakers. Since there is a browser, you can watch Youtube videos on what my girlfriend calls "The small TV"

johnmate
07/25/2016, 09:34 AM
Any timeline for the 2nd batch shipping? I ordered a controller, extra power bar, some probes and float switches. Received the Extra power bar and float switches so far. :)

twistedfinn967
07/26/2016, 09:37 AM
I called AS this morning and they said the second batch is in the air and they should receive them early next week. Also said they will ship them the same day.

AquariumSpecialty
08/10/2016, 09:57 AM
Ok, so a few weeks ago we announced that we were going to do something special for Cerebra pre-order customers. Today we are making that announcement. Anyone who placed an order on or before August 10th for a Cerebra controller will qualify for 5 TIMES reward points for the Cerebra Prima purchase. To receive 5 TIMES REWARD POINTS all you have to do is go to the link below and write a product review on the Cerebra controller. After we see your review we will manually add 5 times the reward points to your account for a future purchase from Aquarium Specialty. It's that simple. To keep it interesting post in this thread if you write a review.

The tracking shows that are shipment is in Atlanta, GA. Based on the tracking information we expect to ship all pre-orders in 2 days.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/equipment/controllers-monitors/controllers/vertex-cerebra-prima-controller

Thank you,