PDA

View Full Version : Green film algae

Nanobros
06/20/2016, 10:14 PM
Okay so my tank is getting this green algae all over the place. On the sand and on the glass. Not too much on the rocks. So I wake up in the morning the glass is clean. By the end of the day the glass has this green film of algae all over it. I wipe it down and in hours it comes back. I have my lights on for 10 hours a day. It's been going on for the past 3 days. My Phosphate is at 0 just tested it 5 minutes ago. What's happening? My crabs are also not eating it on the sand. I have 4 crabs And my snails do nothing. I only have 2 snails and their bumble bee snails. So I'm looking at buy more snails and 1 or 2 more crabs. Any suggestions? Ps snails that can flip them self over. Also I just wiped the glad that's why there's not much of that green algae on it. Thanks!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160621/9e43a84a1d2eb32f37e62004228774a4.jpg

pyithar
06/21/2016, 02:44 AM
if your tank is fairly new, it will go through stages of algae. film algae is normal in a reef tank. try to keep the nitrate and phosphate at low levels, keep up with regular maintenance schedules and use the reliable test kits. cerith, nassarius, turbo, trochus, nerite, astraea,etc are all good snails and some of them can right themselves up.

dana_ag
06/21/2016, 02:18 PM
+1 with the above. New tanks go through an algae bloom (from the picture it does look new). Snails help with eating up the algae on your glass.