PDA

View Full Version : Reef Crystals cloudy?

StrangeDejavu
06/21/2016, 12:25 PM
I've been using regular IO since I started my tank 3.5 months ago, and have been slowly converting over to RC since I have coral now. What i've noticed is my newly mixed saltwater is "dirtier" looking than the actual water I remove from the tank. What could be causing this? I fill the bucket up with 0 TDS DI water and slowly add the salt over the course of 1 - 2 minutes, with an RW-4 on max setting to vigorously mix the salt. No matter how long I let it sit, it never gets as clear as the IO used to. It's not a big deal since I run ROX carbon, it clears up in an hour or two once in thetank. Is this just how Reef Crystals mixes or am I doing something wrong?

"Dirty" water removed from the tank:

http://i.imgur.com/C6CpT9ch.jpg

Freshly mixed Reef Crystals:

http://i.imgur.com/wVSZX8Xh.jpg

Lucangiolig
06/21/2016, 01:01 PM
I mix mine with ro water and make it the night before I need it. The next morning it's always clear. I run a heater and a pump to keep the water at the temperature of the tank and to keep the water circulated. Never had any problems. Try making it the day before you need it and see if that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

StrangeDejavu
06/21/2016, 01:13 PM
I mix mine with ro water and make it the night before I need it. The next morning it's always clear. I run a heater and a pump to keep the water at the temperature of the tank and to keep the water circulated. Never had any problems. Try making it the day before you need it and see if that helps.

That's also how I do it. If I know i'm going to do a water change on Sunday, then Saturday morning I make my saltwater and let it mix for 24 hours. Since i'm in Florida, none of my water needs heated, lol.

Mr.Tan
06/21/2016, 01:53 PM
x2 on everything above. I always mixed mine 24 hours prior to doing a water change to allow it to mix up well, and it was crystal clear by the time I added it.

When i would first mix it up the water was always cloudy for awhile in the bucket

mcgyvr
06/21/2016, 03:14 PM
yep.. its always a bit cloudy for 24 hours or so..