PDA

View Full Version : Vinegar bath for new internal P-Skimmer?

thelawnwrangler
06/22/2016, 07:29 AM
Does everyone do this? My understanding is to remove factory/manufacturing chemicals?

How long? Thinking of running it in a 5 gallon bucket with about 1/2 gallon vinegar

MondoBongo
06/22/2016, 08:15 AM
it's certainly not a bad idea.

i'm hit or miss with whether or not i vinegar bath new equipment, however when i do i usually take apart the pump, and let it soak for a bit. how long kind of depends on what else i have going on, but usually at least an hour. then i "scrub" what i can with a paper towel, then start rinsing things really, really well.

then i usually let them soak in some regular water, or sometimes RODI for another hour or so, dry, reassemble and you should be good to go.

mcgyvr
06/22/2016, 08:24 AM
yep.. always a good idea..
I just pour in some vinegar.. and give it a scrub then just wash it out with water and go..

thelawnwrangler
06/22/2016, 08:41 AM
Bath it is - running in RO probably won't happen. I need to get one (can't spend that $1 a gallon LFS stuff on cleaning). Residual Vinegar = lower Nitrates lol?

mcgyvr
06/22/2016, 08:44 AM
Bath it is - running in RO probably won't happen. I need to get one (can't spend that $1 a gallon LFS stuff on cleaning). Residual Vinegar = lower Nitrates lol?

I don't wash anything in ro.. Just regular tap and let it dry/blow it off/wipe it up..
But my tap water is pretty damn clean.. Unless you count the cancer causing chemicals and bovine excrement. :lolspin:

MondoBongo
06/22/2016, 09:13 AM
Unless you count the cancer causing chemicals and bovine excrement. :lolspin:

that's where the flavor comes from. mmmmm. mmmmm.