PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Reel North
06/22/2016, 05:20 PM
I copied this from reef discussion

So to rid my tank of flukes, I dosed 2 rounds of prazi. 3 oz for 350 gallons.

I will say my sps has never looked better!

I had some losses, but attributed it to my slow reaction to the problem.

I waited 3 days, and moved 3 fish from my frag system into the DT.

Everything naturally looked great for a couple of days, and tonight I noticed that my yellow Kole tang was hanging around in the corner, looking listless and had some discolouration.

My naso was acting a bit weird, so I dosed with prazi pro.

Almost immediately, my regal angel began shaking his head. The naso went into a spot in the rocks where I could barely see him and the Kole actually got some color back.

He definitely looks rough, but isn't in the death corner.

I just checked on my naso, and he has some white spots on his side and tail.

What is GOING ON?

Update: healthy Kole tang is dead. Fw dip of the carcass didnt really reveal anything.

Naso is hiding, along with the regal angel.

Checkerboard wrasse and chalk bass are acting like nothing is wrong.

I don't know if I should just restart the skimmer and add carbon and do a huge WC or what.

I'm lost!

xanthurum
06/22/2016, 05:25 PM
White spots isn't flukes. Could be ich but death that fast makes me think velvet.

Reel North
06/22/2016, 05:41 PM
That's what I'm thinking too.

I don't have a qt big enough to qt the naso and the regal plus the wrasse and the bass.

I guess I'll find one and use that.

I cannot believe this. Well, I can because I didn't qt them.

These fish have been with me over a year now, and to lose them would break my heart.

Should I just do the big wc and put the skimmer back on with carbon tonight?

Salty150
06/22/2016, 09:14 PM
No one can help this poor guy... :confused:

xanthurum
06/22/2016, 09:26 PM
I hate to say it but if it is velvet it's already over. You have to QT I never did until I lost almost everything and I mean everything. Only one of my angelfish survived the fungus that killed way too many of my fish. For some reason when the angel lost his friend he started eating corals, corals he never looked at for nearly 2 years. I just had to add another firefish then BAM!

Reel North
06/23/2016, 06:32 AM
My naso looked awful last night, and was hiding in the rocks. The regal angel was out swimming a little, but and was eating.

When I go home tonight I'm not optimistic, but hopeful.

Did a 50g wc last night and ran the skimmer with the cup drain open into the sump (it's external).

Carbon is on.

I'm going to pick up a larger qt tank tonight or tomorrow, and I'll be catching whatever fish are left. This will also let me leave the tank fallow.

I'm going to muriatic these Tonga shelves. They are so loaded with po4. I'm going to cook them after.

What a mess.

What's the treatment for these fish, assuming some get out alive.

Salty150
06/23/2016, 08:58 AM
If it is Velvet -

http://seachem.com/metroplex.php

Velvet

Piscinoodinium (freshwater) / Amyloodinium (saltwater)

Similar to Ich, but smaller and grey-gold. Most often seen in saltwater, but can occur in freshwater as well. Velvet is less common than Ich, but the treatment is almost identical.

Suggested Treatment Period:

14-28 days

Special Considerations

Velvet is a photosynthetic parasite - it will help with treatment if you can turn off the lights while the fish are infected

scooter31707
06/23/2016, 10:27 AM
IMO, if it is velvet, CP is the best treatment.

Salty150
06/23/2016, 10:38 AM
IMO, if it is velvet, CP is the best treatment.

New Life Spectrum Ick Shield (CP) powder and food?

Reel North
06/23/2016, 01:02 PM
Naso is dead and no sign of the regal angel. And nobody around here sells CP other than a wholesaler I can't buy from. Welcome to Canada.

Salty150
06/23/2016, 01:05 PM
Naso is dead and no sign of the regal angel. And nobody around here sells CP other than a wholesaler I can't buy from. Welcome to Canada.

Oh man... so sorry...

I feel terrible and they weren't even mine.

Reel North
06/23/2016, 04:10 PM
I know. He was my favourite of all of them.

I got a 20gallon supply of CP coming tomorrow, so I will do a 100% wc, and treat what's left in there.

Also grabbing a 75g tonight as a QT, since I have some big fish I didn't transfer to my DT yet... Thank god!

xanthurum
06/23/2016, 04:40 PM
Sucks man that's all I can say.

Reel North
06/23/2016, 06:44 PM
Yes it does. I'm also onto another battle with GHA which showed up insanely fast after I dosed prazi.

Since I'm going fallow, I'm going to take all my shelf rocks out, and hit them with muriatic acid and then gfo the heck out of the tank when they go back in.

Reel North
06/23/2016, 08:36 PM
Holy SMOKES!

My regal angel is ALIVE. He looks like a mess, but alive. I fed the tank and he ate like a pig, so that's good. He has tattered fins and buggy eyes, but I'll take that over the alternative.

I'm going to be setting up the 75 QT tank tomorrow, and get him in there.

I'm trying to find the ick powder around here somewhere but nobody carries it.

What's the recommended course here to nurse him back to health