PDA

View Full Version : screen stuck solid blue on my apex

ShesEasy
06/23/2016, 03:39 PM
Hey there looking for some help

I origonal had an apex Jr set up I decided to upgrade the power bar now to an 8 plunger and with out thinking and assuming it would just work. When I plugged the control display into the bar I only get a blank blue screen I tried unplugging the bar from power and the screen from the bar (even tried back to my old four plug bar) and still nothing

The status light on the bar blinks yellow

Any help is greatly appreciated

slief
06/23/2016, 04:49 PM
I would unplug the display. Log into the Apex. Go to the modules page. Delete the dispaly there. Chances are you will see more than one. Delete them both. Then plug the display back in and see if it comes up.

You can also double check the firmware before you unplug the display by going to the modules page and scrolling down to see the list of modules and see if the firmware says OK next it. If it says "old" then update the firmware on the display from the modules page. Also check the firmware on the EB8 from the same page and select update if it says old next to the firmware version.

ShesEasy
06/23/2016, 06:23 PM
I don't use a computer I only use the display that comes with the apex

But maybe I'll try

ShesEasy
06/23/2016, 06:25 PM
Oh right the eb8 has no Ethernet cable only my Jr has that

ShesEasy
06/23/2016, 06:51 PM
I actuly tried plugging my screen back into my old bar. Then ran the 8 with the USB in series with my Ph modal.... When I went to program outlets I found 3_5_1 through to 3_5_8 so I assumed third mudual and 1-8 for the plugs....but when I programed thwm I got nothing

kurt_n
06/23/2016, 10:44 PM
Hey there looking for some help

I origonal had an apex Jr set up I decided to upgrade the power bar now to an 8 plunger and with out thinking and assuming it would just work....

I'm really confused as to what you've tried, but I'll just start at the beginning. Sorry if this seems really basic, but I don't want to assume anything.

The Apex Jr has the "brains" of the Apex built into the same module that has the 4 outlets. It's all one unit. The 8-outlet power bar (EB8) is just that - a power bar. The EB8 has no "brains". You can't really "upgrade" your 4 outlet powerbar (the Apex Jr itself) to an 8-outlet power bar. The EB8 needs to be daisy chained to the Apex Jr (4 outlet module) using the Aquabus/USB cable. The "brains" need to be in the system somewhere.

It sounds like you didn't do this at first. The Apex Jr needs to be in the loop somewhere.

If you're now seeing 2 sets of 8 outlets, go back and do what slief suggested. Because of the way you started out, I think your Apex is now seeing two sets of EB8s - one of them being a "phantom" module. That's probably the one you programmed, and that's why it isn't working.

Go back and unplug the Aquabus connection on the EB8. Log in to your Apex and delete all the EB8 modules. Then reconnect the EB8. That should resync everything and you should only have one EB8 module.

radiata
10/19/2016, 03:51 PM
I would unplug the display. Log into the Apex. Go to the modules page. Delete the dispaly there. Chances are you will see more than one. Delete them both. Then plug the display back in and see if it comes up.

You can also double check the firmware before you unplug the display by going to the modules page and scrolling down to see the list of modules and see if the firmware says OK next it. If it says "old" then update the firmware on the display from the modules page. Also check the firmware on the EB8 from the same page and select update if it says old next to the firmware version.

Thank you! I just followed your procedure and it worked for me...

slief
10/20/2016, 07:55 PM
Thank you! I just followed your procedure and it worked for me...

Great to hear!