PDA

View Full Version : My new 50-V2

reefteaser
06/23/2016, 05:56 PM
Wow, this thing looks great. The picture, taken from my I-mini, does not come close to doing it justice. When my wife came home from work she said she'd seen a difference in our coral right away. I don't know about that, but I'm pleased.
It's a work in progress, as my hood is being cut and finished so that the light will lay flush across the top. Power is only 10% all channels (cloudy). The custom setting already has a schedule put in, with a max of 30 on a few channels for 2-3 hours. I think I'll start off with that tomorrow.
Really happy, but the remote doesn't let me do half hour steps, I wrote to Logan about that. Also, I thought custom wouldn't have had any numbers to it, but they are there, as stated and graphed in the instructions.
I'm happy with the light, and spent way less than the Hydra's I was looking it.

reefteaser
06/24/2016, 08:56 AM
No half hour steps on the V2's, and the light changes on the hour, no ramp up. The remote took a little practice, but I'm now programing like a champ. Started with the preset custom schedule, but now I've made it my own.
So, for amost half of what I was going to spend, I got a great light, requiring a little more effort to program. Now that I've become better with it, I chose wisely.
Time will tell on the coral, but judging on what others have posted I've very optimistic.

915MANG
06/26/2016, 07:12 AM
No half hour steps on the V2's, and the light changes on the hour, no ramp up. The remote took a little practice, but I'm now programing like a champ. Started with the preset custom schedule, but now I've made it my own.
So, for amost half of what I was going to spend, I got a great light, requiring a little more effort to program. Now that I've become better with it, I chose wisely.
Time will tell on the coral, but judging on what others have posted I've very optimistic.

Im loving mine, I havent messed with it. Just to bump it up a little in the 30ish%

reefteaser
06/26/2016, 11:38 AM
If anyone's interested, attached is my light schedule that started off with the installed custom, and then I changed for some personal preferences. I'm already seeing some response, in several very small ways, to this light. The colors are definitely "popping" more than I've ever seen. It's been fun to experiment with differences hour by hour, some slight, other's a bit more aggressive.
Going to leave this in place for a week or so, then make some increases, a little at a time. I'd be interested in seeing someone else's schedule, and hearing about the results.