PDA

View Full Version : RLSS Skimmer Issue

dustinc
06/23/2016, 09:25 PM
I ordered the db5i skimmer and have been unhappy with it from the beginning. It's by far the loudest thing on my tank. I sent you a message about 3 days after purchase and was told to contact coralvue. That was very disappointing because generally companies who sell the product will stand behind it, especially in the first few days, but was offered no alternative other than contact coralvue. I'm still yet to hear back from them about the issue, and can't stand the noise. I've never had issues with AquariumSpecialty in the past, but this has definitely soured me to purchase from you again. Just wanted to post my experience. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking there should have been some help from you since you aren't the manufacturers, but I believe you should during the initial purchase period. Looks like I just have something that won't get any help from the distributor or the company I purchased from.

D

dustinc
06/23/2016, 10:09 PM
Aaa

AquariumSpecialty
06/24/2016, 08:42 AM
Coral Vue is handling ALL warranty support going forward per their agreement with RLSS. We are simply following through with the polices set in place for us and all other RLSS dealers/distributors. Regardless, we will happy to assist if you have any issues reaching a resolution.

Thank you,

dustinc
06/24/2016, 09:48 AM
I understand that. My issue is I had an issue day 1 and contacted you guys 3 days following my purchase and that is the only advice given. It would be different if I had the skimmer for 6 months and started having issues. I have a business and if someone has an issue with a product I sell, I'm going to stand behind myself and rectify the issue from the beginning because my reputation is important. If I never hear from the customer for an extended period of time, that's a different story. I followed your advice and have dealt with the issue for over a month and still haven't had any contact from CoralVue. I understand they have no affiliation with you, but I did purchase the product from you and had issues at the start. Maybe I'm in the wrong for thinking your company should take some ownership 3 days after purchase, but that is how most successful businesses operate. I've never had this issue with any other company I've ever purchased an aquarium product from before, and it looks like I need to continue to purchase elsewhere to ensure if I have an issue when I receive something, I can get some sort of help from the company who accepted my payment.

AquariumSpecialty
06/24/2016, 09:53 AM
I completely sympathize and understand your points and you shouldn't have had to wait this long! Please call or email us so we can get them on the phone with you.

Thank you,