PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles wont pop!!

amnesiac
06/25/2016, 04:33 AM
Hey all. So I recently upped my carbon dose by a couple of ml's to get a handle on some nuisance algae (also cut my feeding and shortened the light cycle). After about three days my algae is pretty much gone :) but with that I started getting this really really thick syruppy type skimmate that is a light green/yellow color. I've cut my pump down to it's lowest setting and have my air intake almost completely closed trying to get a dry skimmate, but it's still getting up to the collection cup as easily as if I had everything on full blast. Problem is that the bubbles being produced out of this skimmate wont pop. Instead of turning into a nasty black sludge it fills the collection cup full of bubbles until they rise out of the top of the vent holes.
So am I right to assume this is the result of the extra bacteria produced from the extra dosing??? and if so should cutting the dose (which I've already done) bring my skimmate back to normal???
Finally and most importantly is there anything I should worry about???
Sorry for the newb questions. Thanks for any help. -A

Sk8r
06/25/2016, 03:03 PM
I'd cut the dose. You may see bacterial sheets form: if so don't panic, but I'd skip the dose tomorrow, and see if you can get your skimmer calmed down.