PDA

View Full Version : It's been years, oceanic biocube 29 questions.

rlf_racing
06/28/2016, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone it's been years (6 to be exact) since I had a salt tank up running in my house. I just purchased a Biocube 29 over the weekend at a garage sale dirt cheap. Just a stock unit with all stock internals. So I have few questions to start off.

What led lights diy or plug and play would be recommended to have softies along with an anemone?

As for flow, what pump or pumps would be better than the stock unit?

Filtration; What recommendations for the best setup? I know opinions will very a bit. I do know I would like to cheato in part of the back chamber.

Any other suggestions to help me get this tank setup right the first time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

homer1475
06/28/2016, 04:42 PM
Have a scroll down the main forums a bit to the bank section. Plenty of biocube build threads with what works and what doesn't.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV

Pigpen17
06/28/2016, 04:57 PM
Yeah. The Bio Cube forum is awesome. Lot's of ideas. (read as tank candy that will drain your wallet)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Chibils
06/28/2016, 05:14 PM
The two big players for Biocube LED kits are Steve's LEDs and Rapid LED.

stevesleds.com
rapidled.com

Rapid's kits start at $180.00 and Steve's kits start at $200.00. Both have lots of options (controller, custom spectrum, etc).

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

rlf_racing
07/01/2016, 07:49 PM
The two big players for Biocube LED kits are Steve's LEDs and Rapid LED.

stevesleds.com
rapidled.com

Rapid's kits start at $180.00 and Steve's kits start at $200.00. Both have lots of options (controller, custom spectrum, etc).

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What about aquastyle online? They have kits a lot cheaper than the two you mentioned. They carry bridgelux and Cree LEDs.

Also I was considering a light unit from Amazon that's an off brand but has great reviews. What is everyone's thoughts on something like that?