PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Fire FREAKS OUT when near tank. Why?

ps2cho
06/28/2016, 07:59 PM
This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I bought the Amazon Fire to dedicate itself as a controller for the Apex and I put some HD Velcro on the canopy...BUT

I can't put it near my canopy because the screen goes WILD!! It will start scrolling up and down really fast, opening the keyboard popup, the drop down menu for changing brightness etc...

What's going on here? Some sort of magnetic interference? Is it telling me its afraid of water and its having a panic attack?

Here's a video (once its finished processing) https://youtu.be/ngHNvFEl6c0

Cthehentz
06/28/2016, 08:16 PM
Are you running T5's?

davehead86
06/29/2016, 06:51 AM
You must be getting interference from the electronics around the tank. Looks like ecotech pumps. Those have powerful magnets. And they have rf chips if you're wireless that could be throwing it off to. Plus whatever lighting you have could be throwing weird interference around too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mirror176
06/29/2016, 12:21 PM
Something is likely causing RF interference. Have you isolated which equipment is interfering by turning off and on different devices?

ca1ore
06/29/2016, 02:50 PM
Attached a FIRE to my canopy without issue and I run three vortechs, so not likely to be them. I'd guess the lights.