PDA

View Full Version : Hanging kit

VoiceInTheDeser
07/03/2016, 03:15 PM
Hey all,

First of all, I've had a Photon 24 for over two years now. I love the fixture and recommend it to everyone I come across (even though my model is not discontinued).

I find myself in a bit of a pickle right now. I am moving to a new tank and need to hang it from the canopy in the new setup. I had it on a bracket before and have lost the kit that shipped with it all that time ago. I looked on the site and cannot find any way to purchase the kit. Is there any way to get one of these still? Thanks in advance.

Uploading a recent pic of my setup with my Photon just cause

Reef_Breeders
07/06/2016, 09:22 PM
Hi,

Does the light have the slots for the legs on the sides, or is it the old version that did not include the legs? I can email a link to order a replacement leg kit if the light is pre drilled for the legs.

VoiceInTheDeser
07/09/2016, 01:00 PM
It's the old one with the threaded pegs on the top. There are no siderails.

Reef_Breeders
07/12/2016, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately the older models don't work with the legs. You can order in an entire case to fit the legs, however it takes some rewiring to get the new case to fit, since some of the electronics were moved to accommodate the legs.

VoiceInTheDeser
07/17/2016, 11:41 PM
Argh, so the hanging kits for old style ones aren't available anymore I take it?

Reef_Breeders
07/22/2016, 07:24 PM
I have some old hangers in stock, some people still do hang the lights and I have the original sets available for $5/set (one set is one carbiner + bolts to go to one mounting location, ie a photon 16 requires 2 sets)