PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 4th of July code?

Inceptioning
07/03/2016, 06:51 PM
I'm trying to use my 4th of July sales code but it keeps telling me it's invalid. Can you please confirm this? @RT_BRS

daelie
07/03/2016, 07:27 PM
I had that issue, but realized I wasn't logged in while I was in my cart. After I logged in to the site, it worked for me, as the email sort of alludes to. So try making sure you're logged in on your account before applying the code.

Treasure Coast
07/03/2016, 08:05 PM
Doesn't work for me when logged in either. Getting frustrated seems to happen frequently with their checkout system. Good people though, just kind of annoying to have to call or email when trying to apply legit coupons. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong.
Code is fireworks

Pseudo69
07/04/2016, 05:05 AM
It gives me $10 off not 10% off???

moondoggy4
07/04/2016, 11:14 AM
I just went through the process for a tune safety cable I did not see anywhere to put the discount code but at the beginning which it did not take, but there was not a place once I started and finished the process.

Treasure Coast
07/04/2016, 11:22 AM
Today there is a automatic 10% discount that is working but the Group Buy 10% Back is no longer active. The code fireworks was only good for yesterday.

valeriebrs
07/05/2016, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone,

I hope this helps clear things up. Thanks for letting us know as we can use this information to help provide clarity for our next Preferred Reefer sale :)

There are a few things that may have happened here:
- You were participating in a group buy and already earning 10% back in points (sitewide sales cannot be stacked with group buys)
- You had a product in your cart by a manufacturer that doesn't allow us to discount it (Neptune, EcoTech, Kessil, etc)
- As daelie said, you may not have been logged in (the sale is exclusive for our Preferred Reefers)

If it was something above and beyond, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

Treasure Coast
07/05/2016, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone,

I hope this helps clear things up. Thanks for letting us know as we can use this information to help provide clarity for our next Preferred Reefer sale :)

There are a few things that may have happened here:
- You were participating in a group buy and already earning 10% back in points (sitewide sales cannot be stacked with group buys)
- You had a product in your cart by a manufacturer that doesn't allow us to discount it (Neptune, EcoTech, Kessil, etc)
- As daelie said, you may not have been logged in (the sale is exclusive for our Preferred Reefers)

If it was something above and beyond, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for getting back. Seems kind of counter intuitive to not let us use the coupon in conjunction with a Group Buy. Sort of a spammy thing to do. Takes the sail out of the "Group Buy", instead of rewarding us for frequent purchases etc. we get a extra 5% back instead of 10% off the price immediately.

valeriebrs
07/05/2016, 03:39 PM
Hi, thanks for getting back. Seems kind of counter intuitive to not let us use the coupon in conjunction with a Group Buy. Sort of a spammy thing to do. Takes the sail out of the "Group Buy", instead of rewarding us for frequent purchases etc. we get a extra 5% back instead of 10% off the price immediately.

I definitely hear where you're coming from. To be honest, our finance team would probably have a heart attack if we offered 10% back in points during a group buy, plus 10% off, plus free shipping... lol :spin2:

This is actually why we end the group buys a day early when we have a site wide sale; this way you can participate in the Group Buy to earn 10% back in points (lots of value here because we can't offer any discounts on products like Kessil and Neptune) AND still be eligible to earn the 10% off the Monday of the sale, plus earn your 5% back as a Prefered Reefer.

I know there's a lot going on here, so please let me know if that doesn't make sense. Perhaps for our next site wide sale we can make it more clear how all of this works.

RichieE46
07/09/2016, 09:58 PM
Anyway to still get 10% off? I was still researching about RO/DI systems and didn't decide to get one until today. (Just setup my first reef tank and been only cycling for 2 days so far)

valeriebrs
07/11/2016, 11:40 AM
Anyway to still get 10% off? I was still researching about RO/DI systems and didn't decide to get one until today. (Just setup my first reef tank and been only cycling for 2 days so far)

Hey Richie,

We don't have any 10% off promotions running on RO units right now, but I do believe you might find something useful on retailmenot.com... ;)