PDA

View Full Version : Bangaii cardinal mating dance

Lilbitreefer
07/06/2016, 05:31 PM
https://vimeo.com/173693923

So are they doing a courting dance or mating? I know he male will incubate the eggs but just curious what they're doing. The one in front is vibrating its body against the others body. They have been doing this alt since I got home and started playing a new Saturday fever record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farfromsea
07/06/2016, 06:03 PM
Very cool. I would imagine that this is the female doing the "twitch" to signify she is ready to spawn. Hopefully he has been eating well these past few days :lolspin:

Mashaw
07/18/2016, 03:30 AM
This is the mating dance, the female vibrates up against the male which is her telling him to get ready as there are eggs on there way, at this point you want to feed them more to help the male get some food into reserves so to speak

If this is there first time it's going to be very unlikely that he will hold the eggs for the full term

Sharkluver4
07/21/2016, 12:40 PM
Awesome show some photos if some of the baby's survive baby fish are just so cute :-D

bud217
07/26/2016, 01:05 PM
It's strange, I've had a bonded pair for over five years...Till one day the (what I believe to be the female) killed the male. I thought it had to be another fish in my tank that shredded its fins, and while the fish was doing a death spiral around in the tank, the female seamed to twitch and protect it. So I removed the almost dead one, and went and bought another male, once I introduced that fish to the tank, the female was all over it, it was chased so much it ended up in my over flow box which is glass, the female stayed inches from the box just keeping an eye on the male, twitching, so I turned my lights off for a day and put him back in...well...long story short...the twitching female...killed him as well. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm going to remove her, and buy another bonded pair from Divers Den.