PDA

View Full Version : RD80 speedy 3 failure

watsonj
07/07/2016, 05:53 AM
I just set this pump up and it ran well for three days and now the display is dead.
There is power to the outlet, tried unplugging let sit for an hour and plug back in but no joy. Pump volute is clear and impeller spins freely. Has anyone else had this kind of failure? I also do not see how to get warranty repair replacement. How is Royal Exclusive to work with? It appears I have to work with Germany to get this resolved as documentation says to call there for questions.

Breadman03
07/07/2016, 08:54 AM
Sleif is their CS rep in the US. I suspect he will see this thread shortly, but a PM might get things rolling more quickly.

slief
07/07/2016, 09:46 AM
I just set this pump up and it ran well for three days and now the display is dead.
There is power to the outlet, tried unplugging let sit for an hour and plug back in but no joy. Pump volute is clear and impeller spins freely. Has anyone else had this kind of failure? I also do not see how to get warranty repair replacement. How is Royal Exclusive to work with? It appears I have to work with Germany to get this resolved as documentation says to call there for questions.

Jonathan,
We are sorry to hear about the failure. This is the first DOA type failure we have had with one of the pumps since I have been on board. The good thing is that you are in good hands. All North American support is handled here in the US and we ship from Ft. Myers Florida so you don't have to deal with Germany for any support related issues. We also monitor the forum and the US emails 7 days a week. You have my direct contact info so if you have any further questions and I generally respond to emails 7 days a week both day and night. Except of course when I am sleeping. :thumbsup:

You should have the info I emailed you. Once you have processed the support ticket via our RMA Portal, we will process the RMA and will get your brand new advance replacement pump out immediately.

watsonj
07/07/2016, 11:33 AM
Well I just received amazing customer service from Scott, thank you so much for the instant response and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danrobberg
07/07/2016, 05:14 PM
That is just another reason Royal Exclusiv products are worth the money.

slief
07/07/2016, 08:52 PM
Well I just received amazing customer service from Scott, thank you so much for the instant response and service.

Glad to help Jonathan! Thanks for your understanding and it's a pleasure to get you taken care of!

Dmorty217
07/08/2016, 08:35 AM

Scott is the man, a true asset for RE

ReefClownMIA
07/08/2016, 09:24 AM
Scott is the man, a true asset for RE

We kind of like him, too! :)

biecacka
07/08/2016, 07:51 PM
He's okay....:dance:

Corey

Dmorty217
07/09/2016, 09:00 AM
We kind of like him, too! :)

Can't forget you either Marco! Without you the customer service would be lacking too! Great company with great people and great products!

slief
07/09/2016, 05:24 PM
Can't forget you either Marco! Without you the customer service would be lacking too! Great company with great people and great products!

You beat me to it! Marco is a key cog in this engine. Without him, things wouldn't make it out the door like they do. He is my partner in crime so to speak. We both really appreciate the kind words too! Fact is that no matter how great a product is, failures will occur. How they are handled is what seperates good or great companies from the rest. The service and support needs to match the quality and we live and die by that sword and typically respond here on the forum as well as to our emails 7 days a week, night and day. It's especially refreshing to know it's recognized and appreciated. Thanks again for the kind words! :beer: