PDA

View Full Version : How important is a check valve on a regulator?

Gools
07/07/2016, 09:25 PM
I just re hooked up my Reactor back up after losing all my sps to AEFW. But noticed that I wasn't getting any bubbles out of my regulator to my Reactor. So I started playing around with the bubble counter and once I cracked it open bubbles would pour out. Soon as I put it back on I would get no bubbles. Switched out my check valve with a new one and same thing. I bought them off eBay the silver ones. So right now I'm running my setup without a check valve and my bubble count has stayed perfectly consistent. But worried I don't want to wreck my regulator.

Bpb
07/09/2016, 08:49 PM
Make sure you have the check valve installed the right direction first and foremost. Second, they're critically important. If your solenoid stops gas flow long enough, water can and will creep up the co2 line and can flood the solenoid and even the regulator body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gools
07/10/2016, 08:51 AM
I installed the arrow going towards the reactor so sure that's right.

On a side note how does the bubble counter on the regulator work? It's filled with water, does that creep back into the solenoid and into the regulator?

Thanks

Bpb
07/10/2016, 09:11 AM
Most bubble counters that mount directly to the regulator usually have a check valve in the base of them

Gools
07/10/2016, 10:23 AM
My regulator has the bubble counter on it. So on that note would I need to install a check valve after that?

Bpb
07/10/2016, 12:04 PM
I would want to know for certain if that bubble counter has one. Don't take my word for it I don't even know what you're running