PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Jager Heater Help

Acromaniac
07/08/2016, 12:39 AM
Ok so a while ago now I changed heaters and what I believed to be my fault at the time, I cooked all my live stock.

I thought it was my fault because I bumped the red dial and didnt realise and then set my temp. After this I shelved the heater because I hated it.

So I've recently decided to pull out the heater and have another crack. Ive done some reading on how the red adjustment actually works. So I set it back to the middle, selected my temperature (24 degrees celcius) and stuck it in a fresh bucket of salt water to test before putting it anywhere near my fish. A little while later my water is at 36 degrees!

Tell me if I'm wrong, but the maximum It could possibly be out from bumping the red dial is 2 degrees. Which means it was a problem with the heater all along, not my fault is that right?

Also would not having it at the minimum water line effect it staying on? In the past I had it fully submerged, but today I the water under the minimum line, just thinking this latest test could be from the heater not being able to read the temperature? (don't want to test in the tank and dont have a bucket tall enough for to test with water above the minimum line) where abouts is the temperature sensor in this heater?

Thanks.

GimpyFin
07/08/2016, 08:51 AM
It doesn't sound like you did anything to the heater to cause a problem. If you can bump a Jager and move the calibration arrow a couple degrees, you have some skill. I have a hard enough time adjusting them with the heater in both hands. The heater is likely faulty if it's way off like that.