PDA

View Full Version : Data Loggers

LionfishFinatic
07/11/2016, 04:53 PM
Not really hobby related, but I figured that many of you may have more knowledge on them than myself! I will be starting research in coral reef health on the island of St.Kitts and around the Caribbean with one of my professors. We are looking at a practical way of logging water quality, PAR, etc etc. of the different areas affected by bleaching and disease. Any insight on companies to look into or data loggers in general? Thank you in advance!

bertoni
07/12/2016, 08:53 PM
No takers? Sorry, I haven't used any of the data loggers, so I can't help.

mav3rick478
07/12/2016, 08:59 PM
I just use Google Sheets for logging my tank's test results. Syncs seamlessly between mobile and desktop. Sorry if that's not what you're looking.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

LionfishFinatic
07/13/2016, 12:31 PM
Not a problem! I was just looking for a direction to go in companies etc. The school apparently has a few temp and SG loggers so we are going to start from there and move forward. I hope to be able to present some of this research here within the next year so stay tuned!

bertoni
07/13/2016, 04:24 PM
Okay, let us know how well the equipment works for you!

Dr. Water
07/15/2016, 05:34 AM
You will want HOBO loggers made by Onset. They make a whole range of equipment that is reasonably priced and very reliable. I brought a student group (undergraduate chemistry) to Moorea this spring and we made extensive use of their temperature and light loggers in a variety of reef environments.