PDA

View Full Version : 3 Day Move: powering 25W heater ideas

gblaszczuk
07/11/2016, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone!

In about a month I will be moving cross country, which includes moving my pico tank. I need to come up with a way to power the heater and the power head for the duration of the trip. The trip will take around 29 hours over 3 days (roughly the battery needs to run 11 hours a day). Here is what I am thinking of doing so far:

1. Pick up a 12V 18AH CB19-12 SLA AGM Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery
2. Pick up a power inverter
3. Connect the two together and profit.

I just want to verify that this set up is something that will work for the trip. I am planing on recharging the batter every night at the hotel, so it's ready for the next day. Also given that this move will be in the summer, I do not expect the heater to be on at all times.

Let me know what you guys think!!
Thanks!

Redman88
07/12/2016, 02:10 AM
I wouldn't even worry about the heater except at night. Just get a few battery operated air pumps. Save a huge load of cash.

asdfghp
07/12/2016, 10:55 AM
I would think keeping the water cool would be the problem; not keeping it warm.
Run some air pumps off the car battery ..... Save some $$$.

afm32607
07/12/2016, 01:19 PM
Can you mail it to your new address? Pay fish store to properly package and oxygenate and send contents a week after you leave. Just need to find one with an online presence.

afm32607
07/12/2016, 01:21 PM
Also I've seen power converters for the car cigarette adapter. Can buy one and run heater and air pump off that.