PDA

View Full Version : To sell or not to sell? The dilemma

Bdial
07/14/2016, 09:19 AM
I'm currently running a reef octopus prime 200. It's a great skimmer and I'm really happy with it. Before I had it I was running an Sro 3000sss. I had that skimmer on my 110. It was way over sized but it was a beast and did an awesome job....periodically. I think it was way to big for the system. When I got the new skimmer I left the 3000 outside for quite some time and ended up just tossing it in storage. I thought the pump was bad but it was just gummed up. Now it's running great and in a vinegar bath cleaning. I'm super happy cause of how big it is. But. Now that's my problem. The stand on my current tank is to short. I can't fit this skimmer in it. Only way would to fit it would to be build a new stand. I would love to do that too. But I have way to much to do and I don't plan on keeping this tank forever so the stand will do for now. Hoping to move to a bigger house in the next couple years. So here's my dilemma. Should I keep the skimmer in plans on upgrading tanks in a few years or sell the skimmer and buy corals. It could be as long as 5 years before I get a bigger tank. A lot could happen between then. Thoughts?

JohnnyHildo
07/14/2016, 09:24 AM
i'd sell it and buy the perfect skimmer for the future tank when the time comes. just imagine what those corals you put the money into will look like by then!

CarrieB
07/14/2016, 10:01 AM
And who knows what skimmer technology will be like in 5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdial
07/14/2016, 10:12 AM
That's what I'm thinking.