PDA

View Full Version : Mag Be Strange

ca1ore
07/15/2016, 09:30 PM
My mag is behaving strangely. Been with me almost two years and has been rooted in place. Last week or so it's been moving around its rock a lot and folding up its base. I got it as a split from a fellow reefer, and it's about the same size now as before the last split, so I'm thinking that's what's happening. Any thoughts? No signs of any deflation, so I don't believe it's sick.

CoralsAddiction
07/15/2016, 11:33 PM
Are you running carbon in the tank or recently added any chemical additives? I wonder if there's something going on with water.

ca1ore
07/20/2016, 12:54 PM
Nothing different. WC remains the same (within the limitations of my testing capabilities). Strange.

SNAKEMANVET
07/20/2016, 01:55 PM
Mine has done that,it was in the same place for about 2 years then decided to move around.I peeled it off the glass and put it back and has been there for about 9 months now.I do regular water changes and routine maintiance on powerheads.

cali9dub
07/21/2016, 12:42 PM
My mag moved once in the past 4 years. Did the same thing as the previous post. Peeled it off the glass and put it back on its perch and it's been there ever since.