PDA

View Full Version : Download for GHL Doser 2 firmware ?

K.C.
07/16/2016, 07:18 PM
The link at the top of this forum is outdated.

It doesn't instill confidence that nobody has bothered to correct this.

I can find the international site by searching but there is no firmware listed for the GHL 2 Doser SA.

When I connect to my doser it tells me I have firmware 1.02 and that an update is available.

Anyone care to point me to the download ?

K.C.
07/16/2016, 08:59 PM
OK I installed the current version of the controller app, 1.084 and found the firmware updates folder. None of them will install. I downloaded controller app 1.081 and tried to install the older updates and those fail as well.

I've reset it countless times and firmware update fails every time.

So do I have to do the emergency update and manually reset it ?

ReefRockerLive
07/16/2016, 10:02 PM
Download the newest version of GHL Control Center. All firmware files including the Doser 2 SA firmware is there.

Firmware updates are carried out using GHL Control Center. Click on the Extras tab and click on Firmware Update, then follow the steps. If you get stuck along the way, send GHL USA an email for the updated manual or post on their support forum.

GHL USA email: info@ghlusa.com

K.C.
07/16/2016, 10:04 PM
Found the GHL forum and registered but I can't post because I'm in the moderation que.

You guys really do a great job of making this all way too difficult.

Your reputation precedes my frustrating experience and it's really too bad because I'm a long time user of the original GHL products but I won't be for long if this is what it's like with your new products.

ReefRockerLive
07/16/2016, 10:10 PM
They do the moderation thing in order to prevent spam threads. It's really not that bad. :)

If you're having trouble with the product, just send them an email and they'll help you out.

K.C.
07/16/2016, 10:24 PM
Download the newest version of GHL Control Center. All firmware files including the Doser 2 SA firmware is there.

Firmware updates are carried out using GHL Control Center. Click on the Extras tab and click on Firmware Update, then follow the steps.

Thank you, but I posted above that I updated control center and found the firmware. I understand the process but I can't update the driver, it fails, can't update the firmware, it fails.

I'm an IT manager. This doesn't have to be this hard.

ReefClownMIA
07/17/2016, 09:22 AM
K.C.;
Could you explain how you're attempting the firmware update?
I updated multiple Dosers this week, no issues what-so-ever.

-Marco

claynelson
07/17/2016, 09:31 AM
my guess is he is missing the driver for the update when it goes into service mode or the wrong port it got me for the first update.

K.C.
07/17/2016, 10:53 AM
Powered on GHL Doser 2. After the logo light turns blue plug into USB port.

In Device manager it's listed under Ports (COM & LPT) as: GHL Virtual Communications Port (COM3)

Right click and select Update Driver Software. Point it to C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1084\Tools\FUJITSU USB DIRECT Programmer\driver\Win7

I get the message Windows was unable to install your GHL Virtual Communications Port (COM3). Windows could not find driver software for your device.

I have been able to connect and try to run the firmware update. This morning it won't even connect after trying again to update the drive. I have set the GHL CC port to 3, changing it from Auto and then clicking connect. It fails.

When I was able to connect and attempted the firmware update. I turn on the doser, waited for the light to turn blue, plugged it into my PC and launched GHL CC. Selected Extras, Maintenance, Firmware update, clicked the disclaimer, Next, and the light went out on the D2. Pointed to the firmware file, trying 114 trough 119 It started, a third of the way through the progress bar it fails repeatedly, powering off the D2 and reconnecting before each attempt.

K.C.
07/17/2016, 11:21 AM
After rebooting my PC and power cycling the D2 I can access it in GHL CC.

Now when I start the firmware update the logo light does NOT go off and it does NOT go into bootloader mode.

Clearly this looks like a drive issue so I'm going to deleted the GHL CC files/app, download and install again.

K.C.
07/17/2016, 03:38 PM
I just installed GHL control center 1.084 on a new Windows 10 PC. Did a manual install of the driver and once again USBVCOM does not appear in the Device Manager.

2 PCs, 2 different USB cables, multiple re-installs, reboots, reboot of the D2.

Can't update firmware.