PDA

View Full Version : Critique my treatment plan

drummerboyevil
07/18/2016, 09:09 AM
Hi there,
I recently moved from a 75 gallon to a 150 gallon and added a juvenile blue tang at the same time. I watched the blue tang over a few weeks at my LFS be treated for ich with copper and after about 2 weeks of no ich, I brought him home.

Alas, after all of the stress of moving from the 75 to the 150, my kole tang is showing signs of either flukes and/or ich and the ich is back on the blue tang.

I'm going to do it "right" this time since I still have my 75 gallon taking up space in the garage. My plan is 8 weeks fallow in DT and hypo in the 75 gallon.

My stock list:
Maroon clown
Pygmy angel
Melaranus wrasse
Kole Tang
Yellow Tang
Blue Tang
Mandarin Dragnet

I plan to move the mandarin to my nano cube that houses a pair of wyoming white clowns. I'm not too worried about transferring ich to that tank because it's likely already in there as well (My 150 is an ULNS sps tank and when I do water changes I move 5 gallons from the 150 to the 20 gallon cube weekly). There should be PLENTY of pods in that nano cube for at least a few weeks, but I'll watch close and either rotate in rubble from the 150 every few days, or buy pods online. Once the 150 has been fallow for 8 weeks, I plan to do a quick TTM on the mandarin to get him back in the 150.

For the other fish, I plan to get them into the 150 and do hyposalinity per sticky instructions. This should take care of the flukes and ich. I'm wondering, however, if since I am going through all of this trouble, should I do prazi x2 for intestinal parasites just in case? The blue tang has some long segmented white feces a few weeks ago which prompted me to treat the whole 150 with 1 round of prazi and I haven't seen anything since, but I'm thinking if I am doing this "right" should I just bite the bullet and do prazi x2?

Appreciate the critique. Also, I know that a 150 is on the small side for the blue tang as an adult, but I'm planning an upgrade for our next house in a couple years :) The tangs all play nice.

drummerboyevil
07/19/2016, 10:42 AM
bump