PDA

View Full Version : Moving Pot With Eggs

CoralsAddiction
07/18/2016, 11:09 AM
I have a pair of clowns with eggs in a flower pot. What's the best way to move the pot on the night of hatching with minimal exposure to air?

gar732
07/18/2016, 11:55 AM
Just cover the hole at the bottom of the pot with you finger, scoop out a pot full of water, and carefully move the pot to the hatch tank.

CoralsAddiction
07/18/2016, 01:03 PM
Just cover the hole at the bottom of the pot with you finger, scoop out a pot full of water, and carefully move the pot to the hatch tank.

Cool thanks.

ThRoewer
07/19/2016, 08:07 PM
Yep, that's precisely how I have done it in the past.
You also want to add a rigid airline to aerate the eggs and help the larva hatch. Big bubbles are better than fine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CoralsAddiction
07/19/2016, 09:53 PM
Yep, that's precisely how I have done it in the past.
You also want to add a rigid airline to aerate the eggs and help the larva hatch. Big bubbles are better than fine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Excellent. Thanks. Pot transfer was effortless and I didn't put an Airstone. Just airline tubing for airation. This will be my first hatch if it happens. If not, then next time. I had a replacement pot of exact same kind and the clowns don't seem to notice the difference other than babies are gone.

reefstew
07/29/2016, 03:47 PM
It's not a big deal if you move the pot with no water in it & the eggs are out of water.

CoralsAddiction
07/31/2016, 11:11 AM
It's not a big deal if you move the pot with no water in it & the eggs are out of water.

Great. Thanks.

Mo2
08/10/2016, 05:39 PM

Agreed

CoralsAddiction
08/10/2016, 06:38 PM
Agreed

Cool thanks
I'll be doing it again in the next couple of days. I took the pot 3 days early last time.

CoralsAddiction
08/11/2016, 02:01 PM
When a pot is moved, do you place it back to DT the next day after hatching or put a replacement pot right after taking the eggs out? Thanks.

gar732
08/16/2016, 09:51 PM
I always replaced the pot with a different one right away so that nothing changes in the broodstock tank. Really don't know if it would make a difference though, just never wanted to take a chance disrupting their cycle.