PDA

View Full Version : Question about red, green, and purple channels

gUdsNax
07/18/2016, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone, I have a question about the Photon v2 settings. I'm used to just setting the blue and white channels. Now the new Photon v2s allow you to also set the green/red/purple channel.

Do you set the percentage based on how you want the tank to look or is there a ratio in relation to the white and blue channels?

-Jeremy

Bpb
07/19/2016, 07:04 PM
I would try to copy the coral lab colors as best as you can. Even though it's a different light, the diodes are similar and it's a proven program to work really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gUdsNax
07/19/2016, 11:08 PM
Thank you, I'll check it out! =)

Reef_Breeders
07/20/2016, 05:41 PM
I would recommend keeping the purples (violets) up in intensity, the reds and greens you can use at your discretion, some red is good for growth,however.

madweazl
07/20/2016, 05:50 PM
I would recommend keeping the purples (violets) up in intensity, the reds and greens you can use at your discretion, some red is good for growth,however.

What is the purpose of the greens then?

Bpb
07/20/2016, 06:38 PM
Greens in moderation in any light source add to visual brightness without adding PUR

gUdsNax
07/20/2016, 09:54 PM
Ah thank you for the information!

Reef_Breeders
07/21/2016, 03:41 PM
Greens in moderation in any light source add to visual brightness without adding PUR

Pretty much, it adds a measure of color adjustability, if you put them on their own channel they are great to have.

PAXpress
07/22/2016, 03:22 PM
I'm also curious what would be a good beginner custom program. I've kinda put a bit of my own on the custom but want to get the most out of my lights. Anyone have a good schedule for their custom setup?