PDA

View Full Version : Laminar CSD all glass

zeemofree
07/18/2016, 07:19 PM
Hey reefers would this work, my apologies for the bad drawing, the device will be much better looking, the proto.

I do realize the discharge has to be under water and will redraw the picture with that included at some time.

zeemofree
07/20/2016, 01:55 PM
Don't know if anyone knows about Carlson surge devices, I am making a prototype in all glass, I have had good luck with them and they aren't close to what a gyre costs and no moving parts on them to brake. Ny goal is to make a CSD that is laminar in flow and if this works then I will be very happy. Pleas post your opinions and try to fill in the blanks meant ally as all the glass is not installed

mcgyvr
07/20/2016, 03:47 PM
I'm not understanding your drawing or picture..
How do you intend to allow the tank to fill up and then create a siphon to empty it?

zeemofree
07/20/2016, 04:19 PM
I'm not understanding your drawing or picture.. How do you intend to allow the tank to fill up and then create a siphon to empty it?

Through plumbing, I will have it ready for testing and I will post a complete picture so you can better understand haw the siphon works on this setup, it be filled the same way all CSDs are filled my return pump,

zeemofree
07/20/2016, 05:51 PM
Made some more progress, it is not complete

mcgyvr
07/21/2016, 10:26 AM
Not sure you have enough silicone on there.. :worried:
Holy cow...

Pro Tip: use painters tape to mask the joints.. That way it won't look like utter crap when done..
Like this..
http://cdn1.tmbi.com/TFH/Step-By-Step/FH05JAU_CAUTUB_09.JPG

zeemofree
07/21/2016, 11:08 AM
Not sure you have enough silicone on there.. :worried: Holy cow... Pro Tip: use painters tape to mask the joints.. That way it won't look like utter crap when done.. Like this..

It's not complete and its not for looks at this point, it's is it trying an idea I had.

Thank you for your reply

zeemofree
07/21/2016, 02:35 PM
Not sure you have enough silicone on there.. :worried: Holy cow... Pro Tip: use painters tape to mask the joints.. That way it won't look like utter crap when done.. Like this..

Do you think this CSD is going to work? I have made them I. The past using CPVC, not with a wide flow all glass, I also had an algae scrubber in it and it very well.

This is not about money either, I enjoy building my equipment.