PDA

View Full Version : Xenia Knopia Compatibility question

KaZeR.UK
07/22/2016, 12:46 PM
Hey,
so might be a daft question but I've acquired some Red Sea Xenia (hopefully for my future clown to host) and it's got its own island to minimise it's spreading. I was just wondering if I can keep knopia polyps next to it on the same island as they are meant to be semi aggressive?

I've searched quickly through threads and can't find an awnser on here or google.

Hoping someone could enlighten me on this one.

lespaul339
07/22/2016, 01:12 PM
Xenia can and will still spread even if you keep it on it's own island. I know that's not answering your question, but just wanted to give you a heads up on it. I had Xenia in my old tank that spread to another rock that was far away and not even touching it. I ended up killing off my Xenia to make sure I didn't accidentally get it in my new tank when I upgraded. It's a cool coral but a bit of a pest IMO.

KaZeR.UK
07/22/2016, 01:28 PM
Yeah I've read it's a pest from so many people haha, I haven't took this decision lightly after what I've read but I'm willing to do the maintenance to keep it in order as I've only got a small tan and will have a few pls surrounding it to keep it from walking. Thanks anyway though:thumbsup:

KaZeR.UK
07/22/2016, 01:30 PM
Lps*

mcgyvr
07/22/2016, 03:35 PM
I believe there is a potential for the knopia to sting the xenia..
I'd keep them separate.

KaZeR.UK
07/23/2016, 02:35 AM
Thanks mcgyvr, il move them pronto before they take hold