PDA

View Full Version : CPR Bak Pak 2R+ Problem

MiataRacer
07/22/2016, 02:45 PM
I've had my CPR Bak Pak 2R+ with the Rio 600RVT pump for about 2 months now. It's barely been skimming anything out of the tank; I follow the directions and empty the collection cup twice a week, but there's only maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch of lightly tinted green skimmate in the cup, and I skim wet too. Also, the thing puts a pretty bad amount of mircobubbles into my tank without the included sponge block not on it (the instructions say not to use it beyond the break-in period), and it's really annoying. I tried the limewood mod today, and it seems to have increased bubble production in the skimmer a lot; however, this also seems to have increased the amount of microbubbles that end up going beyond the foam chamber. I put the sponge block back on to reduce the amount of bubbles that go into my tank, but the sponge eventually causes the water level in the skimmer to rise; that's why I took it off before. I just can't seem to get this skimmer to do its job like it's supposed to, and it's driving me insane. Has anyone else had these problems? If so, how did you stop them?