PDA

View Full Version : Arms to hang Photon 50 V2...Need Assistance

rongateb
07/25/2016, 09:27 AM
Lighting Gurus, what arms are you all using to hang a Photon 50 V2?

My tank is 60" side to side and I have a "Euro" style top with no rim. The included arms do not fit well and I am afraid the light will fall on to the top of the tank because the arms are not in a "channel".

I want to use arms strong enough to hold up the 50 V2. I have a brace in the back of the tank that is 3/4" thick so I can mount the arms on that. I tried using the included arms in that fashion but they were not meant to hold up the 50 in that manner.

Ceiling mount and wall mounts are not an option.

I was thinking the Kessil arms made for the AP700, but I would rather see what you guys are using.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ron in SoCal

Japsican
07/25/2016, 12:37 PM
What do you mean the arms aren't in a channel? The photos look like the arms slide into a channel on each side of the fixture. Is that not the case?

Nevermind, I think you're talking about the actual brackets that sit on the tank itself...

rongateb
07/25/2016, 01:13 PM
Japsican (LOL),
Yes, I am talking about the actual part of the brackets that sit on the tank. If my tank was rimless or even had a 1" rim, the bracket would accommodate the rim and fit nicely in the "channel".

In my case, I don't have a rim. It is a flat topped aquarium with 2 "holes", a brace in the middle and a 3" border all the way around.

Thanks

Reef_Breeders
07/25/2016, 01:44 PM
Hey Ron,

Have you tried turning the legs upside-down? You can use the flat part of the leg mounts to sit it on the rime of a euronraced tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Japsican
07/25/2016, 02:12 PM
Hey Ron,

Have you tried turning the legs upside-down? You can use the flat part of the leg mounts to sit it on the rime of a euronraced tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe do that and throw some velcro on it to keep it from shifting around, that's how the maxspect razor worked.

rongateb
07/26/2016, 10:13 AM
Logan, Japsican,
I just flipped the leg mounts upside down and they fit much better.

Here is a quick phone pic of the setup with the upside down mounts:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/rongateb/ReefBreeder%20Photon%2050%20V2_zpslckk7yxh.jpg

Thanks Again!

-Ron in SoCal

Japsican
07/26/2016, 12:47 PM
Looking good!