PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in July!

smill3
07/29/2016, 07:34 PM
After reading the great reviews of TBS, and even though I was a wee bit skeptical, I decided to take the plunge and place my "package" order this week.

I have to say I was completely blown away! I literally gasped when I opened the first box. I was like a kid on Christmas morning! The rocks were beautifully shaped and covered with encrusting sponges, tunicates, fan worms, coralline algae, etc. Absolutely beautiful!! So many colors, so much texture, so much... LIFE! I also received two small red mithrix crabs and a pincushion urchin. Even the sand was exceptional, exactly the natural mixed grain texture I was looking for. I can't wait to see what shipment 2 looks like!

Oh, and my package was shipped in the middle of a heat wave yet it arrived safe and sound and completely fresh.

I have been in this hobby for 25+ years and I've never experienced such a great combination of service and quality.

SaltwaterTeabag
07/30/2016, 12:29 AM
You are going to go nuts over the second Package.....

smill3
07/30/2016, 09:18 AM
I know, my eyes will probably pop out lol!

twistedfinn967
07/31/2016, 05:45 PM
Lets see some pictures!

smill3
08/01/2016, 09:01 AM
I took these with my camera so the pictures don't really do the rock justice! Sorry for the bad lighting too, I installed a new Radion and I didn't have the color dialed in lol!

smill3
08/01/2016, 09:03 AM
Here are a few more...

smill3
08/08/2016, 07:22 PM
I received the second part of my package on Thursday and all I can say is WOW!!! My eyes did indeed pop out of my head when I opened the boxes - incredible specimens and sooooo many extras that I wasn't expecting!
Honestly, I've never seen anything like this, Richard sent me everything including the kitchen sink - Gorgonians, sea fan, cucs, macro algae, brittle star, sponges, decorator crab (he's so comical!), peppermint shrimp, flame scallop, etc!!!!!!

The rock was so fresh and exploding with life! I only experienced a small ammonia spike (0.25ppm) and within 2 days it was back down to "0".

All critters are going strong and the tank looks beautiful. I've attached some pictures, but they don't do it justice.

Richard, I just want to publically commend you on your service and the quality of the product you sent. I am a BELIEVER and a customer for life!

To anyone who is considering a live rock purchase, take the plunge, it is so worth every penny. You just cannot imagine how easy and beautiful this system is until you experience it for yourself. I will never set up another tank without TBS rock.

smill3
08/08/2016, 07:29 PM
here are some more pictures of part two

smill3
08/08/2016, 07:31 PM
more pics of critters...

smill3
08/08/2016, 07:34 PM
and lastly, here a few pics of the rocks and everything in the tank..

liverock
08/10/2016, 07:51 AM
That was a really cool decorator crab......he was hiding on a rock I harvested last Sunday.....you don't see them like that very often!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :bounce3:

smill3
08/10/2016, 06:14 PM
Thank you for sending him to me! He's a really interesting character! I watched him trying to put some pink sponge on his shell last night.
I'm having a blast enjoying the tank!