PDA

View Full Version : what is this? Help!

isomorphic85
07/30/2016, 05:46 PM
Royal Gramma has white patches on him ... he's still eating.

He's been in QT for observation for about 3 weeks, as he's a new comer.

I haven't treated with anything yet.

I don't believe it's ich as it's larger patches of white...

I'm leaning towards Lymphocystis but am looking for some other thoughts.

I've been trying to get a decent picture for over half hour and the best i've gotten is below.

If it is Lymphocystis what's the best way to treat it? Will prazipro work for this?

Salinity: 32 ppt
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Temp 78

Thanks in advance for any help it's appreciated.

Newms118
07/30/2016, 07:31 PM
Is it just one white patch or several? Maybe fungus?

GimpyFin
07/30/2016, 07:35 PM
Not quite sure based on the pic, but lympho looks like cauliflower like clumps. Prazi won't help much for that and I don't know of a med that actually gets rid of it, but the fish can get rid of it over time if they are healthy. If it's on their fins, you can carefully remove it manually as well. I had a group of anthias with it on their fins/tail and I used a razor blade to gently scrape it off their fins. Fin areas grew back just fine.

isomorphic85
07/30/2016, 07:44 PM
one patch looks cauliflowerish, it's also right near the gill area on one side. What would you suggest treating with?

I'd like to add something to the water for treatment.

I'm also going to add selcon to the food before feeding to increase nutrition to hopefully build up his immune system

GimpyFin
07/30/2016, 09:47 PM
Prazi is good to use as a general precaurionary treatment, so I'd recommend 1 or 2 doses regardless while the fish is in qt. If any clumps are in areas like fins (If it is lympho), you can remove the fish and lay him on a damp towel and gently scrape the clumps with a razor without harming the fish. I'm not aware of a specific cure for lympho, but often the fish will suppress it over time as long as they stay healthy. The fish are usually not harmed by it unless it gets really bad and starts to cause other issues.