PDA

View Full Version : Can you Tee two durso stand pipes?

emmbec
07/30/2016, 09:54 PM
Hi, I have a 125G with dual overflows and I 've been thinking on using the thealling roller mat which BRS says it works best by passing al the water from the tank through it which means a single input to the roller mat comming from two overflow boxes. I was thinking on teeing them off and sending a single line to the roller mat.

Will this work? Will I have any issues with gurgling in the overflow/sump?

LXXero
07/30/2016, 10:38 PM
funny, i was just posting about doing multiple inputs onto one of those boxes in that thread talking about making a DIY one...

you might be able to put another bulkhead on there. but a T should probably be OK for a durso, it's more of a problem with herbie/bean setup to use a T for multiple siphon lines as it can be super hard to tune, but on a durso i think you would be OK....as long as the diameter is large enough to handle the flow from both of your inputs, i think it'll be fine.

emmbec
07/31/2016, 12:31 AM
funny, i was just posting about doing multiple inputs onto one of those boxes in that thread talking about making a DIY one...

you might be able to put another bulkhead on there. but a T should probably be OK for a durso, it's more of a problem with herbie/bean setup to use a T for multiple siphon lines as it can be super hard to tune, but on a durso i think you would be OK....as long as the diameter is large enough to handle the flow from both of your inputs, i think it'll be fine.

Thanks, should I increase the output from the bulkhead to 1 1/2" and then T the 1 1/2" to have better flow? The roller may uses 1 1/2" input so it would work great. Would adding a gate valve help fine tune the flow?

LXXero
07/31/2016, 01:08 AM
Thanks, should I increase the output from the bulkhead to 1 1/2" and then T the 1 1/2" to have better flow? The roller may uses 1 1/2" input so it would work great. Would adding a gate valve help fine tune the flow?

if the roller uses 1 1/2" input, and your drains are 1" or something smaller, then yeah, you could maybe use a 1 1/2" T with 1" bushings to accept the 1" drains, it might be slightly less reduction than using a 1" T and then upsizing to 1 1/2 after-the-fact.

emmbec
07/31/2016, 01:13 AM
if the roller uses 1 1/2" input, and your drains are 1" or something smaller, then yeah, you could maybe use a 1 1/2" T with 1" bushings to accept the 1" drains, it might be slightly less reduction than using a 1" T and then upsizing to 1 1/2 after-the-fact.

I double checked and the roller actually uses 1 1/4"so I think I'll just increase the pipe from 1" to 1 1/4" then T that off onto the roller.

Thanks for your help LXXero!

LXXero
07/31/2016, 03:03 AM
yep that sounds good.

no need for a gate valve, not doing a siphon setup anyway.