PDA

View Full Version : Could someone verify my levels please?

sturner91
07/30/2016, 09:17 PM
Hey guys I moved from a 29 to 72gal tank and am being on top of my levels to make sure a new cycle doesn't start. Can someone check these levels out and give me your two cents please?

Sg 1.025
No2 .5ppm
Dkh 10.4
No3 10ppm
Po4 <.25ppm
Calcium 403ppm
Mg 1200ppm
Ph 8.3
Ammonia .2

My magnesium made a fair change from my last test on the 26th, 4 days ago. Magnesium was 1320 then. So I went ahead and made an adjustment today to my coraline grow additive that I'm dosing. I switched from .7ml per day once a day to 10ml. I will stay on top of this.
I do also dose No no3/Po4 which doses at .7ml/day once a day. I can probably pull that back a little bit since my no3 has dropped since my last test. It went down from 20ppm to 10ppm.

I do also dose kalkwasser in my ato just for added info.

Thanks for checking things out guys. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

billdogg
07/31/2016, 06:59 AM
You are showing both Ammonia and Nitrite, so yes, you are going through a cycle. Until both are reading consistently 0, your tank is not really ready for livestock. Ammonia at any detectable level can be toxic to the more delicate creatures we keep, and at the minimum will cause permanent damage (burns) to the gills of your fish.

JM.02

mcgyvr
07/31/2016, 07:31 AM
Yep.. welcome to a "cycle"...

GimpyFin
07/31/2016, 07:33 AM
+1 to what Billdogg said. It's important that ammonia and nitrire are zero over anything else. You could also add some Instant Ocean Biospira to give your biofilter a boost. That would esentially make your tank cycled very quickly. If you did have fish in there currently, it would help safeguard them from ammonia.

sturner91
07/31/2016, 09:08 AM
I guess I'm out to buy some biospira. Because all of my live stock was moved in on day one. Since I lack the room to have been able to run both the 29 and 72.

I did reuse my previous live rock as well as what water I could collect. Maybe my cycle will be short and quick?

There is new live rock and sand that was put in the tank and obviously the difference of water.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
07/31/2016, 01:16 PM
More than likely you will have a small/quick cycle.. Don't waste your money on the biospiria.. You have enough bacteria.. Just let it do its job..

Lsufan
07/31/2016, 01:24 PM
Being u have livestock in the tank biospira might go ahead and convert the ammonia to nitrite which isn't toxic at the levels u would see. I would definitely atleast be adding some prime or some kind of ammonia detoxifier. Like mcgyver said, it should be quick so prime might be all u need.

Lsufan
07/31/2016, 01:28 PM
Although it shouldn't hurt adding magnesium. I think u got a testing error,or it depends on the test your using it might be in the range of the noise of the test. Mag usually drops slowly so I don't think u would see 150 ppm drop in just a couple days.