PDA

View Full Version : Urgent !!!

Fish_LOVEr
08/01/2016, 09:44 AM
My tank's water has been cloudy since last Monday and after I changed the water , it became cloudy again overnight . After a disease outbreak that killed most of my fish , a Mirror Butterflyfish is the only fish in the tank along with a Cleaner shrimp and 3 Sexy shrimp . My cleaner shrimp was the first one to die in the event and now 2 of my sexy shrimp are missing . It has been a week with water changes but everything keep coming back . Any advice would be great .:headwally:
The Mirror supposed to be a corralivore so I don't want to lose him !!!

Sk8r
08/01/2016, 12:34 PM
Do you have caulerpa in the system? Are you dosing any substance?

bertoni
08/01/2016, 03:46 PM
Also, have you checked the ammonia level? I'd stop any feeding, and try tuning the skimmer to skim a little wetter.

Fish_LOVEr
08/01/2016, 06:55 PM
Yes, I have some Caulerpa Lentifera in my system along with some Chaetomorpha . I'm not dosing anything . Today , my Mirror butterflyfish developed a small red patch on his side - which is not a good sign .

gbru316
08/01/2016, 07:46 PM
Without posting tank parameters, it's really hard to give much guidance.

That being said, is your caulerpa turning translucent?

Fish_LOVEr
08/02/2016, 08:05 PM
Ammonia : about .5ppm according to my test kit and my caulerpa isn't turning translucent . The water has cleared up today but the fish still have the red marking .

bertoni
08/02/2016, 10:03 PM
I would dose some Prime or Amquel right away, and consider some water changes. A second opinion on the ammonia kit might be useful. They do fail eventually and tend to read small amounts of ammonia for everything when they do.