PDA

View Full Version : Humidity and Temperature issues

Alitoo_81
08/02/2016, 04:55 AM
Hi,

I have a space of 60 square meters for a corals farms. we are in a place of very low temperatures in winter and one or 2 month high temperaturta in summer.

In winter we have no problem with low temperatures because we use heating radietors, but we do have humidity issues. in summer, the moisture problem increases and high tempetaruras begin to be a problem. Using fans in the tanks solves the problem of temperature, but humidity remains a problem.

I need a low-energy consumption solution that can solve these problems in all seasons. What fish and coral stores use in there shops to solve this? can a Heat & Energy Recovery Ventilators work for my fragging room?

Thanks

JonezNReef
08/03/2016, 01:53 PM
I have an exhaust fan on a timer at the moment that turns on and off in 30 minute intervals. Living in Florida I have a never ending fight with humidity. I plan on getting a humidity control on it so once the room hits a certain point the fan kicks on a pulls the air out of the room until it is back to a acceptable point. Ive been thinking about something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-110V-Humidifier-Dehumidifier-Dehumidistat/dp/B01FQKXRXA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470253671&sr=8-4&keywords=humidity+controller

Alitoo_81
08/10/2016, 03:15 AM
hi,

I had one. Did not work well. That is why I am searching for other options.

thanks

Steveb
08/10/2016, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I have a space of 60 square meters for a corals farms. we are in a place of very low temperatures in winter and one or 2 month high temperaturta in summer.

In winter we have no problem with low temperatures because we use heating radietors, but we do have humidity issues. in summer, the moisture problem increases and high tempetaruras begin to be a problem. Using fans in the tanks solves the problem of temperature, but humidity remains a problem.

I need a low-energy consumption solution that can solve these problems in all seasons. What fish and coral stores use in there shops to solve this? can a Heat & Energy Recovery Ventilators work for my fragging room?

Thanks

I was under the impression that they would help with de-humidification, but after reading the article below I am left with the impression that in the winter it will most likely help, in the summer not so much, and is dependent upon the outside airs relative humidity and the dew point.

http://www.energyvanguard.com/blog-building-science-HERS-BPI/bid/76792/An-Energy-Recovery-Ventilator-Is-NOT-a-Dehumidifier